New Update Fails

Comments

29 comments

Roy Blackwell

Installed just fine on my Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 Professional.

Comment actions Permalink
    Julia Kot Kot

Hi Tom,

I'm sorry to hear the issue occurs.

We would appreciate if you send us the system information of your PC.

To open the System Information, do the following:

1. Open the Start menu.

2. Search for msinfo32 or System Information and press Enter. See the screenshot:

3. Click on File > Export.

4. Browse the location to save the file.

5. Enter a descriptive name and click Save to complete the task.

The report should be saved as a text file that you can open with any text viewer.

Please send us this info to support@skylum.com 

Thanks in advance!

Julia Kot Kot

Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for bearing with us while we fix that!

Will check the info you sent. 

Irene Briz

Same identical problem described above:

"Installed new update today, 4/12/18 and received the dreaded "Error parsing xxxxx.  Could not load file or assembly 'MidlWrapper.dll' or one of its dependencies.  Exception result HRESULT: 0xC000001D.

Hoping for a quick fix to todays update.  Side note, to get out of this loop, had to use Task Manager to shut it down. "

windows 7 in Italy

Julia Kot Kot

Hi Irene, 

We would appreciate if you send us the system information of your PC.

Also, see if you can provide us with an error log following the instruction below.

1. Right click on This PC (My Computer) > choose Manage

2. In left part of the window (Computer Management) open Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application >

3. In the list that opens find the last two entries "Application Error" and ".NET Runtime." Select them and in the right part of it choose Save Selected Events.

Please send us these events files to support@skylum.com 

Irene Briz

ok done everything ... the email should have arrived

Thank you

x x

Same issues, After new update on windows 10 pro the program stops working and comes up with a parsing error many times and then doesn’t load at all, HELP having to restore my system to an earlier state to overcome the pc not working after failed install, not happy

Tom Wallach

A bit more data to indicate it is the update specifically.  I uninstalled Luminar 2018, deleted the directory, checked the registry and saw but one entry and it was auto-deleted during uninstall, reset computer, tried to reinstall Luminar Jupiter with link provided - same dll issue.  On a hunch I swapped profiles between mine and my wife's, same issue on either profile.

Unistalled 'Jupiter' and installed the original program, ver 1.00.1002.  That install went fine and the program opened just fine.  Tried the update after it had opened and after the update the program was unresponsive.

What I would like to see on the web site are all of the files required to install the program to include each and every update.  In this way if we have an issue like today, we can drop back to the latest version.  Cannot do that now as an original install -->update goes to version 1.2.0.1848.

So, I'll press on and wait for Skylum to provide a solution to those of us with issues.  I fail to see a common thread between all of us Win 7, Win 10 etc.

Angela Andrieux

x x,

Please follow the instructions above to send us your computer info. We'll get it sorted out. Thank you!

Irene Briz

I have uninstalled the new version 1.2.0.1848 which does not go and installed version 1.1.1.1431 which is fine ... waiting for Skylum to solve the problem soon.  This on Windows 7 OS

Doug Gephardt

same problem here, windows 10

Steve Russell

My post here made a few hours ago seems to have disappeared. Same problem as seen by others - 1.2 fails (MidlWrapper.dll message x 63). Win 7, 64-bit. You must have enough sets of data by now to identify the problem, I would hope.

Bryan Drum

I too am having the same issue with missing .dlls. Can you point us to a .exe file so we can attempt a reinstall? We might get the necessary .dlls.

Steve Russell

No point Bryan Drum. I managed to get the install file during the update (I do this as a matter of practice). I uninstalled and did a clean install and had exactly the same problem. Fortunately, I'd also snagged the 1.1 update install file when that update came through so was able to go back to that version.

Bryan Drum

I found the fix in this thread late last night.   https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/profiles/363148918051-Vinz-Lecerf

This fixed my issue. 

Tom Wallach

Download the Fix file located in this thread, it does work as I had the same dll error originally. 
    https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360004212512-I-still-can-t-use-Luminar-

Steve Russell

The "fix" file does stop the missing dll problem. The program still errors when it exits, however. I've reported this on previous versions but it's still there (100% reproducible):

[Window Title]
    Luminar 2018

[Main Instruction]
    Luminar 2018 has stopped working

[Content]
    Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.

[V] View problem details  [Check online for a solution and close the program] [Close the program]

Julia Kot Kot

Hi Steve, could you please specify on what step does the issue happen? 

Steve Russell

It happens when you close the program. Finish editing and click the X at top right to close the program. The main window closes then the error dialogue appears. You can even simply open Luminar and then close it again without opening an image and the error occurs.

While playing with this, I've just discovered Luminar doesn't like raw files from my Olympus camera or from my Panasonic camera. If I attempt to load one of these, my screens go blank, Windows tells me that the graphics driver has crashed and recovered and then I get another dialogue:

---------------------------
    NVIDIA OpenGL Driver
    The NVIDIA OpenGL driver detected a problem with the display
    driver and is unable to continue. The application must close.

Error code: 3
    Would you like to visit http://www.nvidia.com/page/support.html for help?
    Yes   No   

... as indicated, Luminar then closes.

No other graphics program I have has this problem, Lightroom, Corel PhotoPaint and others are quite happy with my various cameras' raw files.

Steve Russell

The "fix" version (1873) is also asking me to upgrade to 1886... is this actually a new upgrade or the earlier one that has the .dll failure?

Steve Russell

Went back to 1.1.1.1431.

* Has the error on closing as previously reported

* Crashes my display driver when loading a raw file (Olympus ORF, Panasonic RW2). Unlike 1.2, after the driver recovers, the image is loaded correctly. 1.2 just dies after the driver recovers but then says it cannot continue.

Upgraded to 1.2.0.1886

* 1.2.0,1886 build seems to incorporate the Windows fix - at least I don't get the .dll error messages

* 1886 still errors when the program is exited

* 1886 still crashes my display driver and kills the application just like the other 1.2 variants.

SUMMARY: Windows 1.2 version is unusable even with the dll fix as I mainly edit raw files.

Steve Russell

As an aside, is there a more formal place to raise bugs? The Skylum team responsiveness on the forum seems to be a bit sporadic.

Julia Kot Kot

You can also contact us at support@skylum.com.

Please let me know what is your Graphic card? 

Steve Russell

The email address is actually worse than the forum in that there's no indication that a fault has been logged. I was thinking more of a bug tracking system or at least a system where the user can raise a ticket with a reference number to flag a problem.

My video card is an NVidia GeForce 310 running two displays (HDMI and DVI).

Steve Russell

Driver version is 342.01 according to the NVidia control panel and is claimed to be up to date.

Konstantin Zolo

Steve,

Our developers are currently investigating the issue. If you haven't sent event files to our support team yet, please do so now. Thank you for bearing with us!

Steve Russell

Which issue, Konstantin?

1) Error on exit

2) Crash of display driver when opening a raw file

Which event files would you like?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Steve,

Our devs are investigating both issues.

We would appreciate if you send us the system information of your PC.

To open the System Information, do the following:

1. Open the Start menu.

2. Search for msinfo32 or System Information and press Enter. See the screenshot:

3. Click on File > Export.

4. Browse the location to save the file.

5. Enter a descriptive name and click Save to complete the task.

The report should be saved as a text file that you can open with any text viewer.

Please send us this info to support@skylum.com 

Also, see if you can provide us with an error log following the instruction below.

1. Right click on This PC (My Computer) > choose Manage

2. In left part of the window (Computer Management) open Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application >

3. In the list that opens find the last two entries "Application Error" and ".NET Runtime." Select them and in the right part of it choose Save Selected Events.

Please send us these events files to support@skylum.com 

Thanks in advance!

Steve Russell

Info sent as requested. There were no .NET Runtime errors, only those shown in the event logs I've sent.

Please sign in to leave a comment.