Latest update failed!

Comments

11 comments

Tom Wallach

Yep, posted same just now and pm'd Alina asking for a solution.  Should not have to manually add a dll file to the software for it to work.  Pretty sure, iirc, we saw this error once before.

Comment actions Permalink
    Julia Kot Kot

Hi Peter,

We would appreciate if you send us the system information of your PC.

To open the System Information, do the following:

1. Open the Start menu.

2. Search for msinfo32 or System Information and press Enter. See the screenshot:

3. Click on File > Export.

4. Browse the location to save the file.

5. Enter a descriptive name and click Save to complete the task.

The report should be saved as a text file that you can open with any text viewer.

Please send this info to support@skylum.com 

Thanks in advance!

David Roby

I've just downloaded and installed the latest update; I'm getting a series of erroe messages too. I have commented at length previously about the ridiculously length of time to export files back to Lightroom. I was hoping that, at long last, I might be able to start getting value for the product that I bought weeks ago. I must say that I wasn't totally surprised when the program failed to load and all I got was error messages, in fact I would have been surprised if it had functioned properly!

Richard Jansen

Yes, same thing happening here that Peter and David described (windows 10).  Should I uninstall and start from a clean download rather than updating? I really like this program and would hate to lose too much time waiting for a fix.

-- Tried the repair process and still can't load.  Getting many errors related to filters and adjustment layer presets not loading

-- FURTHER INFO - After sending all the requested information (logs, sys info, etc.), I uninstalled the updated Luminar and went back to my original setup file.  I installed the original program but DID NOT select the update.  By doing so, I WAS able to get the older version back to working order...unfortunately w/o the filter packages I had previously downloaded. so I have to reload those. 

John Trinder

I am having exactly the same problem with the update even tried a fresh install just the same

Julia Kot Kot

Hi guys,

Please send the system information of your PC.

Also, see if you can provide us with an error logs following the instruction below.

1. Right click on This PC (My Computer) > choose Manage

2. In left part of the window (Computer Management) open Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application >

3. In the list that opens find the last two entries "Application Error" and ".NET Runtime." Select them and in the right part of it choose Save Selected Events.

Then send us these events files.

Thanks in advance! 

David Roby

IT DOES NOT WORK! I sent my system information with my first email to support; I got a reply asking me to send my system information! Does the left hand know what the right is doing? I was advised to uninstall Luminar, which I did; I rebooted and downloaded Luminar Jupiter from an address specified, and reinstalled. The same problem - parsing error after parsing error appearing as pop-ups (which, incidentally, will not delete). I am sadly disillusioned by the whole Skylum experience - promising the world and, for me, producing nothing that I can work with. I was happy to use Lightroom, Photoshop and Topaz before I was seduced by the wonders that Skylum promised. I can see that there is potential in the software; I would question whether it should have been released (certainly the Windows version) before the vast majority of bugs and defects had been ironed out. Skylum was very happy to take my money n exchange for software that is clearly unfit for purpose (at least for some).

John Trinder

I agree with David I have tried a second install after totally clearing my laptop of all traces of Luminar and I counted approximately 20 parsing errors before I switched it off I'm not even going to attempt it on my main computer and I use Windows 7 on both

Julia Kot Kot

Hey guys,

I understand your frustration and I`m really sorry this situation happened.

Our developers are aware of this issue and are working around the clock right now to get this resolved.

We will keep you updated. 

Thanks so much for bearing with us while we fix this.

Rick Lucas

I just downloaded and installed the trial... The web page made the software look amazing.. I shoot roller derby pictures and was looking for a way to step up my game and was ready to plunk down the money.  Sadly this thread is two months old and I am having the same issue.  Apparently Luminar is just vaporware.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Rick,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the Luminar trial! The .dll issue in this thread was resolved within a few days of that update.

We would like to look further into your issue and would appreciate if you send us a screenshot with information about your PC.

On Windows 7 or 8 click on "Start", then right-click the Computer shortcut and select Properties, from the Start menu or from most places where you see the Computer shortcut. Some options how to make a screenshot on Windows 7 or 8 can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

On Windows 10 right click on "Start Menu" and click on "System" in pop-up menu to open "System" window. Press the “Windows logo key + PrtScn” and the screenshot will appear as a file in a folder entitled “Screenshots”, inside your default “Pictures” folder. 

You can upload the screenshot here or email it to support@skylum.com.

Thanks in advance!

Please sign in to leave a comment.