Make scroll bars wider

Comments

14 comments

Julia Kot Kot

Hi Nemo,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this! It's one we have heard before, so we'll make sure it's on our list of features to consider when we're are working on the next updates. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Phil Jones

I wasn't aware there was a horizontal scroll bar! So yes please, defntelt wider.

same also for the vertical scroll bar please.

John Winter

I agree.  When I try to scroll on the bottom I often get into the dock on my Mac.

Kirk Vanden

These were not fixed in the 2019 versions of the software and I am unable to use them unless I try 10-20 times to grab them just right. Frustrating. I cannot believe these were never fixed. This is such an obvious failure in proper UI design. Scroll bars should not be just a few pixels wide.

Fabio Buitrago

I have a 43 inch monitor and I can't pretty much use the scroll bars. This is insane !

Anastasia Davis

@Fabio Hi! As we mentioned above, there is in the to-consider list but there are some tasks that have a higher priority at the moment.

George Shubin

Why is this taking so long? It's not really a complex technical issue.

The thin scrollbars make the user experience frustrating rather than productive. The fact that this is still an issue more than a year after it was first reported demonstrates to me that the Skylum programmers are more interested in cosmetics than customer needs.

In case there are any Skylum people still listening to this thread, here's what we're talking about: https://www.screencast.com/t/usQVIuimDs

Angela Andrieux

Hi George - Yes :) We are still here listening! We do have this on our feature request list but at the moment we are focused on performance and stability updates. We'll work on refining the user interface in future updates.

Felix Plumbaum

Hi there,

I also agree with George. You should change your priorities. I think a lot of users try Luminar at the moment as an alternative to Lightroom. I was one of them. For the new users the experience should be as smooth as possible during the work on a picture. Please perform user tests with users who have never worked with an image editing software and record them. And test also with teenagers who only know apps, instagram filters etc. and older people. Then you will see that the scroll bar is a MAIN topic which should be fixed immediately. I think for all these new uses which decide between Luminar and competitive products at the moment it is not necessary if the export is 2 seconds faster or not. And as long as the programm does not crash every 10 minutes everything is ok. BUT if you don't have fun with the program because it's so stressful to hit the scrollbar, they will never come back after one test....

Helena Carter

Hi Felix,

Thanks so much for your feedback, I will forward it to the person in charge.

Nemo Niemann

I agree 100% with Felix. I've been working digitally since 1992 (Photoshop 2.5 on Windows). UI ease is as important as bells and whistle -- often more so because it colors your whole experience. I have tapered my use of Luminar because it isn't always a seamless experience.

Stephen McConnell

To reinforce what Felix and Nemo have already said; I purchased Luminar 2018, as a substitute for Lightroom. I used it three times and went back to Lightroom. One of my issues, the fiddly scroll bar. I returned when Luminar 3 launched with its new library feature— upgraded, used it twice and went back to Lightroom! Downloaded it again tonight (after several months) same fiddly scroll bar issue—went back to Lightroom. Can someone from Luminar let me know when this annoying issue has been resolved so that I can give the software a fair go?

Guys! I purchased your software and am not using it—primarily because of this aggravating issue.

Helga Rowles

Hi Stephen, I'll pass on your vote to our developers team. At the moment, there's no ETA for this issue, I'm afraid.

Andrew Murray

There is also no way to scroll through pictures on a touchscreen, two finger scroll, there finger, nope, zero chance to use my finger to grab the scroll bar. I'm using on a surface pro. It's makes it nearly impossible to use. This is unreal that you haven't fixed it in over a year. I can't really use it. The only way to move through pictures is in edit mode, then clicking one towards the bottom. Then the side bar advances a few images. But this is bad. Please fix!!!

Please sign in to leave a comment.