26 comments

Fred Haider

Does Luminar work with Astropad?

Comment actions Permalink
    Tony Collins

Also interested in this.

David Tillett

I'm using a Wacom table and it basically works for both Luminar and Aurora. The one issue I have found with Luminar is that it doesn't work properly with the precise adjustment of slider values, for some reason moving a slider in this mode keeps going even when pen movement stops. I have bug reported this.

I am still working out what the best settings for the Express Keys are, testing out things like full screen, fit to screen, preview, show mask and things like that.

I have tried out Astropad and it works in basic tests, a bit slow to update changes but that might be the way Astropad is setup/connected. I will look into this more in future as part of completing the setting up of a new computer.

Julia Kot Kot

Hi guys, 

We haven't tested our software with Astropad yet. 

Please note that our software is for MacOS and Windows only. 

Fred Haider

Just so you are aware Astropad is software that allows the user to have there IPAD as a Wacom table type devise. 

John West

Hi Rene,

I use a small Pen & Touch Wacom Intuos.

Attached is a screen shot of my settings using the shortcut keys. Hope this helps.

John

Rene Born

Thank you John.

Ron Franks

I use a Wacom tablet with both Luminar and Aurora. While it mostly works with both programs, I have never been able to get the pressure pressure settings to work properly. The sensitivity effect on the screen always goes from 0% to 100% with nothing in between. I'm hoping this will be fixed some day, but it's been doing this for a long time so I'm not holding my breath.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Ron,

It sounds like the sensitivity settings aren't working quite right for you. Which model of Wacom are you using and what are the specs of your Mac?

Ron Franks

I'm running the Windows version under Windows 10 on a Wacom Mobilestudio tablet. I have at least a dozen other apps that work fine but the sensitivity settings don't work on both Luminar and Aurora, no matter what I set them to in both the programs and in the Wacom settings.

Here's what the mask looks like when applying just a light amount of pressure. I've set the opacity to 100% and the softness to 0% to emphasize the lack of change. The pen pressure radius and opacity do not change, no matter what value I set under opacity and/or softness.

Vincent Scarnera

I'm new to Luminar, and I wanted to set my Wacom (Intuos 4). The ring is working with the size of the image. Now for a second function I wanted to set de ring to adjust the size of the brush, but it doesn't work.
    On my Apple keyboard (Swiss French) to get the Left or Right bracket you have to press "Alt+5" & "Alt+6", unfortunately, it doesn't work by key press and neither with the Wacom Ring with this input.

Wenn pressing the "Alt" key on the Mac toggle between "Paint" & "Erase" on the screen....

Any idea ?

Rodney Brown

Hi all,

is there a how to guide on this?  I've just started using Aurora 2019 with a Wacom tablet and it's not a great experience - I suspect because I haven't set anything up to make the two work together.  Help??

Ron Franks

I've been waiting on Skylum/MacPhun to fix Wacom pressure sensitivity for both Luminar and Aurora for the past 3 versions, but so far it's still not working. Unless it's fixed this will be the last time I upgrade.

That said it should work without pressure sensitivity, which I believe is better that using a mouse. Is that the case Rodney or are you having other issues with your Wacom tablet?

Blair Govan

Has there been any success/resolve with pressure sensitivity with Luminar and Aurora yet? If Skylum could update that would be great.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Blair! We are definitely planning to improve functionality with tablets, but at the moment we are focused on the performance of the app. There are some crucial issues that need to be resolved first. 

Blair Govan

Hi Anastasia,

Thanks for the reply. Agreed :)

Blair Govan

I've setup Intuos 5 for Luminar and works well for the most part. Definitely a time saver. Here are screen shots of my settings.

Christopher Perez

Blair, thanks for posting these settings. I'm new to Luminar (and photo editing outside of the mobile apps I've used). I'm intrigued by the idea of using a tablet to access Luminar settings vs the trackpad I currently use.

Blair Govan

Hey Christopher,

Tablet is definitely worth the investment. It takes awhile to get into the habit of utilizing its full potential. Accuracy is much better and editing without the need for a keyboard or mouse is so much nicer and a time saver. 

Angelo D'Souza

I am assuming that pen pressure sensitive is still not working using Wacom tablets as I can not get it to work either. Am I correct with my assumption? The reported issue has been documented now for over a year, an update would be greatly appreciated! 

Helena Carter

Hi Angelo,

You're right, as for not, there's no such functionality. However, I'll pass your feedback to our developers.

Blair Govan

Hey Angelo,

Radius and Opacity both work. When you select to use brush within a filter you will see paint  and erase buttons towards top left. Directly next and too the right you will see a small . With a downwards arrow. Click on the arrow and a list of options are there. Radius/Opacity  options are at the bottom of the drop down list.

bian xie

I'm running Luminar 3 in Windows 10 and have a XP-Pen Deco 01 Drawing  Tablet . I've been a Lightroom user for a long time and currently subscribe to the Creative Cloud photography bundle. I like using the Skylum apps to process beyond the simpler edits I can do in Lightroom, when needed. While I may switch to Skylum's photo management / organizer feature in Luminar when it appears,

Lorenzo Marcolla

Can someone using the ring to set brush size/softness explain how they set in on Mac? Luminar's guide shows left and right brackets ([ and ]) as shortcuts but I can't insert them as keystrokes in the Wacom tablet options because...Thanks!

Thierry Hoornaert

I started using Luminar with version 4 and I just tried my Wacom Intuos Small tablet for the first time.

The Wacom tablet is -- and that is by default -- doing the click action when pressing the pen on the tablet.
    When being in editing mode however, I have the + magnifier pointer to zoom in, but clicking won't zoom in on the picture.

Using a computer mouse, magnifying just works as expected.
    Apart from that and some unexpected Library activation, it seems to work fine. I didn't yet try to change functionality.

I think it might be Windows Ink that is interfering with the Wacom pen.
    Is there nobody else having the same problem? Does someone know how to solve this issue?

Thanks for your help.

Kirk Osborn

Hi. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will figure something out.

Please sign in to leave a comment.