Aurora issue with quality of exported pic

Comments

8 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Frank,

I need a bit more information on your processing. Were you working with a bracketed set of images or a single exposure?

Did the exported copy retain any of the changes you made in Aurora or was the only missing change the Denoise?

Thanks!

Comment actions Permalink
    Frank George

It was an old photo that had been scanned, see attached this is the result of the exported image I use Deniose to get rid of the white spots on the dark suit which worked fine. the end result was great but when I exported it as a jpeg this was the result.

then I saved it as img.jpeg.mpaur ... and the image is as I expected to be ...but will only open up with Aroura

Julia Kot Kot

Hi Frank,

We would highly appreciate if you can send us the original sample file so that we can test it on our side.

Please upload the file to WeTransfer & send us shared for everyone link.

Thank you in advance!

Also, please note that .mpaur is Aurora HDR native file format. It saves your workflow so that you can re-open it and continue editing process. 

Gerry Scott-Moore

Was this issue ever resolved.  As I dig through libraries with Luminar 3, I have found a number of files with an .mpaur extension from 2017 that will load with nothing: Neither Aurora 2018 nor Aurora 2019, nor half a dozen graphic utilities.

-- Gerry

Denis Kotsee

Newer versions of Aurora don't read .mpaur files but I see that you own the 2017 Aurora - why not use it to open the .mpaur files you have and export them as lossless TIFFs which you can then edit in L3, A18, and A19?

Gerry Scott-Moore

Because I had no idea that Aurora 2018 would not be compatible with files created by Aurora 2017.  I discarded Aurora 2017 as I do with all updated software, when the new version came along.

I'll be irritated anew if Aurora 2019 (Summer Edition), or 2019 (Fall Edition) won't load Aurora 2018.  Though I won't be buying them anyway if I again have to pay almost full price.  Now somewhat wiser, I suppose I'll keep unused "versions" of Skylum software around for a while, but I'll be highly irked if I have to convert all my files to a universal format before loading them into successive versions of the software. Why not always maintain such files in tiff format from the get go?  Why even have a prioritary format if it's going to be discarded in a year?

I'll had this to my growing list of complaints and file them where they'll get the best response: In the trash.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Gerry,

I agree that backwards support of our proprietary file types would be a great feature. I'll be sure to share this with our developers.

For now, you can go to your Skylum account and re-download any of your past purchases, including Aurora HDR 2017.

Gerry Scott-Moore

I've already enacted another policy: I've deleted all the files in the abandoned format and make a habit of not keeping anything in mpaur structure.  Once burned, twice shy.

Please sign in to leave a comment.