Support Camera Profiles (Color Checker Passport)

Comments

37 comments

Kim Ginnerup

I will attend the choir. I talked to luminar at photokina last year about the lack of passport colorchecker support. I have all versions of luminar and I have preordered version 4. It is still not my primary platform. I still pay for an Adobe photographers plan. I still use Lightroom and Photoshop as my primary platform. I preordered version 4 because I find Luminar refreshing with a new take on things. It took forever to get DAM support and when it came it was slow and a pretty scary experience if you like your photos. Now I hear that passport colorchecker is still not supported. I couldn’t care less for an AI Sky replacement gadget. I will probably use that maybe once or twice a year if ever. But passport colorchecker I use almost all the time. It may not sound as sexy. But if simplicity and user performance is part of your objectives for this project i feel you miss the mark.

I’m pretty sure I will not preorder versions after 4, to support the idea. Now I need to see something that actually supports my workflow.

Comment actions Permalink
    Kate Williams

@Member, DCP profiles will remain available in Luminar 4. You'll be able to access them in the Advanced Section of Light.

Everyone, thanks for your honest feedback. I realize that having this feature is important for you, so we'll do our best to push it during our meetings with the engineering and business team. 

Viktor Repasi

Hello Kate

I think the importance of this feature is in such way major, that it determins if someone is going to leave the adobe subscription thing or not. If you pay adobe subscription just because of this feature there is not a real reason to use luminar.

I personally would love to get rid of adobe but there is no single suitable alternative.

And by the way DCP profiles are not the real deal, neither the way lightroom handles color calibration targets. Take a look on Blackmagicdesign's Resolve, it had already been linked in this forum. Add native support for the commertial available color calibration targets. It is a key feature for professional work.

Rick Moreau

Interesting feature listed in the new.......

ON1 Photo RAW 2020

Fox Geere

So has this been added yet?

Viktor Repasi

No sign of it so far. I hope for Luminar AI, but my guts say there won't be anything like that.

Evgeny Pinchuk

Please add this feature to Luminar AI.
    Without it, it's almost impossible to calibrate the picture for correct colors and I'm ought to use other tools.
    Lightroom has it, Capture One has it and even darktable has it.

If you want to develop a serious photo editing tool, please add support for camera calibration.

Please sign in to leave a comment.