Keyboard shortcuts on foreign keyboard layouts not working?

Comments

13 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi David,

So, we have a German translation of the user guide, but it doesn't include the keyboard shortcuts! We'll update that as soon as we get the translation. For now, you can see it at https://skylum.com/de/luminar/user-manual/2018/windows

I also agree that being able to custom map keyboard shortcuts would be useful. I'll make sure to pass that suggestion to our developers.

Comment actions Permalink
    Carl Andersson

This is a problem with Swedish layout as well, but without any fix that I have found. There is no key or key combination that changes my brush size...

Denis Kotsee

All shortcut combinations are for English layout - you need to have it enabled while you're using Luminar in order for all shortcuts to work.

Seth McBean

This is a showstopper with a Swiss layout keyboard as well. We dont have dedicated bracket keys here. Those are buried under Shift+Alt+5 and Shift+Alt+6 respectively. As expected, that key combo does not have the desired effect. The ability to customize keyboard shortcuts is crucial for those of us on non-US/UK layout keyboards.

Aydın Özer

Same problem with the Turkish keyboard.

Luminar turns into a boring hassle going back and forth to change size and softness constantly.
    Also fatigues mind, hand and wrist.

We should be able to map the keyboard :/

I can take the unstable app, many crashes etc... but wasting my time, mind and wrist just because programmers are ignoring all the non-english speaking countries is a bit unacceptable.

Please just try to put yourselves in our shoes. Most of the world does NOT use an english keyboard. We know and speak english, but our keyboards are in our native tongue. (or else how are we going to write work e-mails, screenplays, books, etc..)

Eric suggested that, we change our keyboard setup to english, but we would have to do that every time we use the app, than revert it back. That for sure sucks as a solution and no other software that I've used in my lifetime asked me to change my keyboard setup to use their keyboard shortcuts.

I absolutely love Luminar, but in my eyes Skylum does NOT make software for the international market, they just make it for America and England.

I'm not angry, just sad.

I do deeply love the app and I want to see it grow.

Terry Rogers

Hi Aydın! We are sorry for the inconveniences and will pass this on to our developers team.

Aydın Özer

Thank you Terry and thank you to all Skylum developers.
    Love Luminar.

Robert GLOD

Same problem here, with a Swiss-French keyboard layout in Aurora HDR 2019 Version 1.0.0.2550/Windows 10.

Most missed shortcuts:
    - Show Mask
    - Increase/Decrease Brush Diameter
    - Increase/Decrease Brush Softness
    - Zoom In (Workaround: Mouse scroll-wheel)

I have tried out all imaginable key combinations, without any success.
    These shortcuts are needed even more for an efficient use of a Pen Tablet!

If someone has found workarounds, Please Help.

Two years later, and this problem still doesn't seem to be solved yet...!? Please give us your deadline.
    Is this software intended to be sold only in the US?

Robin Zenner

Hi, the shortcut voor zooming out pictures (CMD+-) in Luminar is not working on my French AZERTY keyboard, it keeps zooming in. I'm on Luminar 4.3.0 and a Mac user. Any idea how to fix this?

Reda Fornera

Same problem here, waiting for the possibility to modify shortcuts for other keyboard layouts.

Any news? I saw post on that topic that are 1 or more year old.

Victoria Grace

Hi Reda,

We've notified our product team about this request, however, there are no exact ETA for implementing this feature in the nearest future. Thanks for your understanding!

Please sign in to leave a comment.