Comments

4 comments

Julia Kot Kot

Hi Rodrigo,

Could you please provide me with more details here? Do you want to apply the certain change to the bunch of photos at a time?

Comment actions Permalink
    Rodrigo Guerreiro

Imagine the following scenario: I have 1000 pictures that I shot. They are all similar because I want to build a timelapse. I now edit only one image and then I select the other 999 and sync the edits from that first one. Afterwards I can export all the 1000 and build my timelapse.

This is a feature that Lightroom has

Angela Andrieux

Hi Rodrigo,

I know that the ability to sync changes between photos (especially in a DAM setting) is very important to our users. Our developers are certainly taking that into consideration. As for specifics about the DAM, we'll release more info when we get closer to the launch.

Sherwood Botsford

In Aperture this is lift and stamp metadata.

It's fairly easy to implement.  I don't know of any cataloging software that doesn't offer this.

Much harder is metadata syncing between versions.

In your example, you are explictly adding a chuck of metadata to 999 other images.

In the versions scenario:

I have an image of a birthday party.  I have cropped it a few different ways, and now have 6 versions with different people in them. 

Then someone tells me that the person I called Susan is actually Sigrid. Ideally if I find the master, and change it there, then all images that are derived from that are changed too.

This is a non-trivial problem.

Please sign in to leave a comment.