Community v Facebook

Answered

Comments

9 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jay,

Yes, the Community is meant to replace the Skylum Support Facebook group. (The photo sharing groups Skylum Photography and Aurora HDR Photography will remain). All support and workflow-related questions should now be posted here. The Facebook groups are just for photo sharing.

I don't have a date for archival of the FB support group, but posting has been turned off and the group changed to secret so it is no longer searchable by non-members. We'll keep the page up for a while longer to allow anyone who had a recent conversation to be able to reference back in case important info was posted.

Comment actions Permalink
    Jay Gould

Thanks for the complete answer!

Jay Gould

Clicking on the Skylum Photography link takes me to Aurora HDR. 

Is there only one photo group; this one? If there are two what is the link to Skylum Photography that doesn't link to Aurora HDR?

Julia Kot

Hi Jay,

Please note that they are different groups with the same cover photo. 

Skylum Photography group is for the photos edited in any Skylum software.

Aurora HDR Photography is for images created in Aurora HDR only. 

Jay Gould

Sorry, to use the same cover photo is a big mistake IMHO! These two groups are for your choir; those of us that are using the software. Advertising Aurora 2018 for both groups is overdone. The same over photo is very confusing!!

Angela Andrieux

Sorry for the confusion, Jay! We'll be updating the cover photos soon.

John Newton

You have to forgive my approach here ,but i find it incredibly frustrating
    that practically no planning went into this change if you sign up on the main skylum site there is no reference to the community as far as i can find, but there still is a link to the facebook group, really confusing for new users. if you have  a comunity manager they are not doing their job grrr.

Julia Kot

Hi John, 

We will definitely fix that. We appreciate your cooperation :) 

Please sign in to leave a comment.