Exporting a panorama in Luminar

Answered

Comments

39 comments

Julia Kot

Hi Stefano, 

We would highly appreciate if you can send us your panorama so that we can test it on our side.

Please upload the file to www.WeTransfer.com & send us shared for everyone link.

Also, it will be helpful if you send us the screenshot of the issue with Windows path in Export window. 

Thanks in advance!

Comment actions Permalink
    Stefano Meneguolo

Hi, thank you for the reply.

I sent an email from the "Contact us" page of the website to "Technical support". I included the link to the panorama, the screenshot of the export window on Win 10 (with the grayed out Export button) and the screenshot of the export window taken in MacOS with the weird path.

Julia Kot

Thanks, Stefano. Will get it sorted out. 

d c

Hi ,

i'm doing a lot of panoramas and i discover that Luminar is having  a wide pixels limit 

Basically you can edit and save any panorama that is under14999 pixels, as soon you go over 15 000 pixels you'll be able to edit it but unable to export it as jpeg file  .

I never had any issue for the pixels height

My suggestion is to raise that limit to at least 50 000 pixels wide 

i sent you a file link name ''IMG_3356-68 lum panorama light.jpg '' throught support contact form  , it's  one of my largest panorama, reaching 48103 pixels wide and 3819 pixels height.

Original size is 217 meg  but i sent you link  to download a lighter version (17.6 meg)  of it .

hope that will help

thank you,
    Denis

Tim Trim

Once you get bigger than that, Luminar won’t even open the image. Tries for 10 seconds then just crashes. This was reported to support shortly after release of Luminar 2018 neither update has fixed it yet. 

Heath N

This is a big problem.  I bought Luminar specifically for Panoramic photos and I can't export them without dramatically reducing there size before hand.  It opens and edits them just fine....just can't export :(

Stefano Meneguolo

It does open the panorama, but the export button will be grayed out if width is greater than 15,000px. This applies only to the Windows version, for example I exported the panorama on MacOS with no issues.

I think this limit should be removed at all, not raised to another value.

Eddy Dens

Hi, I have the same problem.

Export button, grey, inactive, panorama is 61756 x 6259px.

I know it's not the smallest but also not the biggest pano I'm used to work with.

Working PS and LR gives no problem with big panos but the extra Luminar can add to the image cannot be exported to the final image, and this really is a missed opportunity.

Hope they can fix this a.s.a.p., I have a lot panos to render in the coming weeks.

Waiting for support to help us out.

Richard Healey

So, with Luminar 3 this still isn't fixed. This is a serious limitation indeed since Skylum have included only one way to resample an image, by exporting. The inability of the software to resample before exporting is inexcusable. Support - where are you?

Steffen Schmidt

Same problem for me, at least with Win10 panoramas cannot be exported (neither with Luminar 2018 nor with Luminar 3).

I guess, however, that the Skylum team currently works extremely hard on other seriously burning issues... 

Cory Simpson

Is there a workaround for this? I have a file I need to deliver to the print shop today and just realized I can't export it.

D. S.

There is currently no workaround, I'm afraid, as this is a documented limitation. You might need to reduce the size of your image if you want to export it in Luminar 3.

Cory Simpson

What I ended up doing as a work around was crop the photo, exporting it, and then moving the crop over to the other side and exporting again. I then combined them together again in photoshop using the panorama tool, with "Collage" so that it didn't try to correct for distortion which had already been corrected.

All programs have limitations, and many have them with panos this large. The problem is those don't let you work with files they know they cant export. Luminar never should of imported this file for editing. 

SunnzBoz S

Still not fixed.

I tried with Luminar 3.1.3920 and with Luminar Flex 1.1.0.3435 (current versions as per 20 Aug 2019). 

Luminar has no problem in editing these big panos. How can exporting them be such an issue then? And just on a Windows PC? Lightroom handels my panos flawlessly.

Any technical support reading this?

Helena Carter

Hi, Currently, there's no ETA for when Luminar 3/Flex will allow to export the images with a bigger resolutions since it's not in our plans as for now. However, we always collect our customers feedback in such cases and I will forward your feedback to our developers.

Thomas Müller

Hello, had just written to support because of the limitation. I was only informed that there is a limitation. Would it be such a big problem to raise the limit to at least 20.000px? that would help to work on most panoramas.

Helena Carter

Thomas,

I'm afraid we don't have ETA for panoramas support as for now, since this feature is not in our priorities list right now. But we value your feedback and I will make sure to pass it to the person in charge,

Eddy Dens

Hi Luminar users. I had the same problem with the new big files from a Sony A7R4 camera. The only workaround for me is to open the image in Photoshop, select Luminar 4 filter, correct the images in Luminar and click APPLY to return the image to Photoshop. Once the filter is applied the image is ready to export.

The image in Photoshop:

Image info:

Selected Luminar 4 filter in Photoshop:

Correction made in Luminar (to show change in image):

After all correction have been done, select APPLY to return image to Photoshop:

Corrected image back in Photoshop:

Export image from Photoshop, in this case a jpg:

As proof that Luminar does not let you export a big image, a tiff file that has been opened in Luminar 4 and hit the export button:

The file opened in Photoshop was a ARQ, a rendered 16 multipixel image from a Sony A7R4 camera.
    I'm glad this works, even with all the things one can change in Photoshop, Luminar does it better and faster for me, even with this workaround.

Hope you can give it a try and see if it works for you.

Best regards, and have a splendid new 2020!

d c

So two years later, nothing new on this ?

When will you guys at Skylum, allow us to save panorama exceeding 15000 x 7500  ?

Can we have a clear answer please. 

not stuff like ''Will get it sorted out.'' ,

''we will pass the info'' ,

''However, we always collect our customers feedback in such cases and I will forward your feedback to our developers.''

and finally '' there's no ETA for when Luminar 3/Flex will allow to export the images with a bigger resolutions since it's not in our plans as for now. ''  

We are now in Luminar 4.3 and that have been occured since the beginning. 

This is completly ridiculous and frustating to be able to work the file and not being able to export it, common guys raise up your sleeves and sort this up quickly so all of us panorama fans can have full benefit of luminar.

When exactly is it gonna be fix ?

Thanks

Eddy Dens

Looks like they all forgot about us.

I'm still opening files in Photoshop, select filter Luminar, then apply after the image is what I want it to be, to return to Photoshop. From there on I export or print.
    On the other hand it's not normal that one should use another program to save/export the image.

Regards,

Eddy

Kirk Osborn

We understand your frustration, but at the moment, our tech team is focused on resource optimization, and implementing this functionality can have a negative impact on Luminar's stability. Our devs have this feature in their backlog and hopefully, this functionality will be implemented in one of the future updates.

For now, you may use the workaround described by Eddy Dens (thank you, Eddy!).

Thank you for your understanding and sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate your feedback and we, as a support team, are doing our best to escalate this request to our tech team. Please stay tuned and check for updates.

d c

Thanks for your answer Kirk..

Eddy's trick look pretty good, I do not use any Adobe software but I will try it using On1.

Thanks again

Looks like Lumiar and Aurora is not made for Panorama-Photographers.
    So sad :-(

sdiggly

Any update on this limitation? With today's faster computers, seems like we can handle larger panoramas now vs 3 years ago?

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi sdiggly,

We definitely have panorama support in our backlog of requested features. I can assure you that we did not forget about it, however for now we can not tell you the set timeline when it is released. Please, stay tuned.

Andrea Perini

i'm also interested vecause today i shot a panorama with 27581x3154 resolution... how can i export it?

using the shortcuts told up here can resolve the problem, cutting the big photo in man smaller photos, but how can i understand the borders of the previous cutting ?

Cory Simpson

Andrea Perini,

What I did was cut it into smaller chunks (I only needed two) and then recreate a pano in photoshop with those two chunks. There are more proper ways to do this, but that solution was fast and worked perfectly.

Jens Schmidt

The same with Luminar AI...

Cory Simpson

But.. they’ve “rebuilt Luminar AI from the ground up” 🤣

Eddy Dens

Don't think it is going to change in a short time. Asked the question in one the last AI online sessions and there was a hint that this question was going to be asked in the meeting somewhere in January. Hope they are going to be honest and tell us that is will come or that it will never come.

Please sign in to leave a comment.