LUTs Organising

Comments

13 comments

Julia Kot

Hi Margarita,

I'll be glad to pass your request to our devs. But I need more details. 

As I get it, you want to have a preview option for LUTs.  

Comment actions Permalink
    Margarita Ney

Hi Julia,

Yes, but also a way to organise the drop-down list that we see, which shows only a limited number of LUTs (approx. 25) and it cannot be expanded or scolled through when one has many more than 25 LUTs.  Thanks.

Julia Kot

Thanks for the details. 

I've forwarded your suggestion to our devs for their consideration. 

John Hendershot

Hello,

I also am a big user of LUTs.  any solution would be much appreciated.

Keep up the good work

Thanks

d c

that is a great suggestion. better luts file management

i have  over 100 luts file in my luts folder  C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 2018\Data

So when i call the luts filter i can only select from  apparently first 19 luts file (sorted by name , i can't even scroll in the luts selector  (with mouse or arrows it doesn't work  and then i'm unable to select any other luts than the first nineteen ...

to painly (time lost) go around the situation , i have to temporary move the first 19 luts file from the luts folder in C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 2018\Data , but then i'm only able to select from the new 19 first luts file in the folder .. 

After ii've select a luts file, i have to think about putting back the 19 luts file that i previously move from the luts folder. ... 

As you can see this fonction need to be rethink or reshape ... why not mange luts files as we do for preset that would be so much easier 

Denis

Fede Rangthino

Great idea! A better LUT browser integrated in the UI

Tom Pickering

Unfortunately, the new update has not addressed this at all and actually has broken LUT mapping when using installed LUT's, at least for the Windows version.  Maybe the Mac version has better results?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Tom,

Can you be more specific about the issues you are having with the LUT mapping filter?

Tom Pickering

Angela -

Sure.  If I attempt to load one of my installed LUT's, many of them result in a blank white image.  Reducing the Amount slider gradually removes the white.  This appears to be with 3dl LUT's mainly.  Is this a show stopper?  No.  The fact that I cannot scroll through the installed LUT's is, though.

Bill Levine

I agree. Loaded in 15 LUTs then reloaded Luminar and they dissappeared.

Angela Andrieux

@Bill - Are you on Mac or Windows?

Bill Levine

I'm on Mac.Current OS.

Angela Andrieux

@Bill - If you choose a custom LUT it will automatically be stored with your saved Luminar file or embedded into any custom preset that you create.

At this time there is no way to load multiple LUTs and have them display in the list each time Luminar is opened. However, as a workaround you can create custom presets using LUTs and then the LUT files are embedded into the preset and will be available each time you open the app.

Please sign in to leave a comment.