Geotagging

Comments

16 comments

Konstantin Zolo

HI John,

Thanks for joining in! 

I see what you mean and how it could be used. We'll definitely consider adding this feature once the DAM is released.

Comment actions Permalink
    Carsten Sjoeholm

I’m with John on the Geotagging issue:-)

Bob Shrader

+1

Matt Caminiti

Yup I use this feature a lot. Today though I use this because I use Apple Photos as my overall DAM once completed and I love their map browse view.

AJ Jack

I do a lot of landscapes and geotag all my photos. I would use this feature a lot.

Stefan Ebersberger

Would love to have this feature! One of the very few things I am still using LR for. Got a new camera today. Now this feature is gone too as LR would not support the RAW format ...

Matt Caminiti

Just got back from 10 days in Yellowstone and the Grand Teton's.  I went to begin processing all my photos to try and not utilize Adobe products for the first time and was again stuck here because of the simplicity of the GPX imports in Lightroom.  This would be a nice feature with the DAM.  

Thomas Steffen

+1

Dann Lavery

+1

José Oliver-Didier

I do hope the new DAM functionality supports geotagging and the related IPTC and XMP location fields as well namely:

- Location, Sublocation, LocationCreatedSublocation

- City, LocationCreatedCity

- StateProvince, LocationCreatedStateProvince

- Country, LocationCreatedCountry

Also, the IPTC added in 2014 "Location Identifiers" so photos could be linked to location knowledge bases. Would be interesting if a future release delves into this as well. Luminar could partner up with a location provider, say Foursquare to help in adding location information to photos.

Matthias Hänni

+1

Adi Juarsa

Still no Geotagging on luminar ? I have a problem with luminar after export the edited picture using luminar geotagging is missing. Please make geotagging on luminar like on lightroom

Thanks

Terry Rogers

Hi Adi! We will pass on your suggestion to our developers and they will consider it for one of our future releases.

José Oliver-Didier

Personally, I use Geosetter, which is a free application for geotagging photos. Among the features I like is that the app uses reverse geotagging to fill in the IPTC Location fields (Sublocation, City, State-Province, Country), these fields greatly help when it comes to sorting photos based on geographical location. I do hope Luminar, allows users to sort photos using these fields.

Matthias Hänni

@José: unfortunately Geosetter is Windows only.

I would love to have a solution that is integrated in Luminar (could well be a plug-in...)

José Oliver-Didier

True, there are other apps which have the same functionality. For the Mac, for example, there is HoudahGeo. I would also like that Luminar would have an integrated solution for geotagging, and could borrow some of the strengths from these apps.

As I mentioned, Geosetter (as also Houdahgeo) writes to the IPTC Location fields. I wish that Luminar incorporates something similar as well to tag photos with the location name as well as providing a way to quickly find photos based on locations.

Please sign in to leave a comment.