Panorama stitching in Luminar

Answered

Comments

87 comments

Konstantin Zolo

Hi Kasper,

Many people want this feature to be added to Luminar. We'll seriously consider adding panorama stitching in the future, however, no ETA yet. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Niranjan Acharya

Yes we need Panorama Stitching, Focus Stacking and Long Exposure Blending

Matt Orth

we are thinking about implementing it and as soon as we see your feedback, we do pass it to our developers. Right now, there are still no immediate plans for implementing panorama stitching.

Thinking about it?  See our feedback?  This thread is three years old!  Your response is insulting

This is sadly one of the missing features which prevents me from buying any new Luminar Version beyond AI. Why should I purchase different RAW converters because Standard functionalities are missing?
    Looking at the thread the request is there for years. I actually need a converter that covers the basics, fancy AI does not make sense to me when the converter can not even support stitching. Sorry guys - you are moving the wrong way…

Andy McKenzie

Focus stacking, panorama stitching, and exposure stacking are the only three things I'm missing right now.  (Well, and having photo managment tools, but that's already been announced.)

If I only got panorama stitching, I could easily work around the rest of those.

Dupraz Philippe

I also vote for this, especially panorama stiching with not too much limitation on total pixel size..

Don Bender

Yes, yes, yes!  Panorama stitching would be a tremendously useful addition! 

Anna V

Hi Everyone, 

For now, we are focused on developing the DAM and improving the performance of the app.

However, I will forward your request to the person in charge for further consideration. 

Matt Orth

There is nothing “innovative” or “imaginative” about panorama stitching.  

Lloyd Penpraze

Now the release of Luminar AI is imminent I feel this will spell the demize of Luminar as a stand alone Raw editor and hence that is why none of the requested features have been taken on board. I'll certainly give Luminar AI a trial, but in all honesty, I'm not holding my breath for that either! It appears to me to be geared at Instagram uses wanting a quick fix with gimmicky filters that will soon saturate the world of social media.

Walter Dorigo

I have the feeling Luminar is definitely moving in the wrong direction. Luminar should consider who it's target audience should be, social media selfie kids or the professional or hobby photographer. The professionals do not need all these filter gimmicks but good performance, photo stitching. So who is your target you better let the people know before wasting our time here.

Zheng Yuen Teng

Panorama Features is a must for me to switch to Luminar from Lightroom without just using it for Plug in. 

Karl Mueller

I have also updated to luminar 2019. The skylum software luminar and aurora are the only tools that i like to use for developing photos. I don't want to waste time to learn other tools. I vote too for implement a panorama tool into luminar.

Please do not disappoint us for choosing luminar.

Steven Eisenman

Simple stitching to create panoramic pictures is a must to make Luminar my one stop photo editing.

I also hope you add some of the simple tools of Luminar 2018 to Luminar 3, such as being able to quickly go back to original or earlier iteration.  I have both 2018 and 3 and use 3 for its simplicity.  Don't need to use Luminar for photo file storage and editing.

Peter Bernhard

I use the tool "Image Composite Editor" for Stitching. It works easy and fast. Got better results with it then with Lightroom or Zoner. In special cases i use Affinity Photo.

Never the less. My Vote too. But Stability and Performance are still more important for me. Switched from Capture One Pro.

Randy Samos

When you guys get around to panorama stitching, maybe consider the ability to stitch in both X&Y to support the Brenizer method?

In any event, I'd be happy even if it only supported panoramic shots.

Kate Williams

Hi Randy,

Currently, we're yet to have a precise ETA regarding panorama stitching implementation and the features it will include. 

I'll make sure to pass your comments to our team in charge for their further discussion. 

Jari Hanhela

+1

William Stickney

I gave up on Luminar several versions ago. I've been following community posts since then but they just don't seem to have the developing chops to put together a workable app. Lightroom does everything I need to do with my photography.

Rico Schmitteck

Panorama Stitching please !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walter Dorigo

I do really not understand Luminar do you listen to your customer once ??? where ist that bloody panorama stitching promised since over two years now

Denem Orhun

Panorama stitching is an absolute must if Luminar is going to a viable rival for Lightroom. Autostitch is open source and it would require a front end UI design. Please consider it. 

Peter Bernhard

Every Smartphone and Camera i know can do this.. i really think i bought into the wrong Program with luninar... even the most basic stuff öike stability and performance are not there.. and things like seemless HDR and Panorama Stitching won't come too i guess.. maybe i need to switch again...

Mathias Weck

My first comment about the panorama stitching function was 2 years ago. I was excited about Luminar and was hoping that Luminar would become a good competitor to Adobe LR, just like Affinity is with there Apps Photo, Designer, Publisher. It takes a while to adapt to a new software, but I and my clients are so fed-up with the Adobe cloud and pricing system that it is really worth it giving it a try. Sadly Luminar didn't meet my and my clients expectations at all and the credit that I gave Skylum just like Affinity by buying it in an early stage didn't pay off at all. With Affinity it payed off, they did a great job and improved their products to a very professional level. Sadly Skylum did not, why I and a lot of my clients went back to LR. Luckily the LR version 6.14, which I bought a long time ago, still works for me with the Sony A99 II for RAW development, panorama stitching and even time-lapse sequences. So Luminar isn't been in use anymore.

Londinense

Daniel,

I switched from Lightroom to On1 Photo Raw about a year ago and have no regrets. At the same time, I purchased Luminar 4, but found it less appealing than On1. Nowadays I only use it for sky replacement and have no intention of purchasing Luminar AI.

On1 has a migration tool from Lightroom: it's the only one that does, but it's a bit hit and miss.

Daniel Hajduch

Thanks for the tip I will check On1 Photo Raw ;-) As an amateur photographer I'm not so open to pay monthly for the LR as I didn't use LR regularly and sometimes I didn't open LR for several months... You know family, children hobbies, ... all has higher priority ;-)  

Shan Stewart

Thanks for the heads up on On1, I will look into it.

Londinense

I am sure you can try it free for a month. I DID decide to upgrade from Photo Raw 2020 to 2021, mainly for the new quick slideshow feature. But it's not obligatory to upgrade each year, prodding the version you have continued use to meet your requirements. Ditto with Luminar.

Londinense

By the way, Photo Raw DOES have panorama stitching. I didn't think it was great in v2020, but haven't tried it in v2021 (I suspect no changes have been made however). I found the free Mac app called Panorama Stitcher Mini did a better job on the whole.

Thierry Bruno

No you're right, there is no print option. Nor is there a proofing functionality in L4 ...In ON1 you can load color profiles (.icc files) provided by your printer and do soft-proofing...

Please sign in to leave a comment.