Make the noise reduction on RAW conversion optional!

Comments

3 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi K.G.,

Thank you for your feedback! Would you be willing to show us an example or two of your RAW photos comparing the conversion result in Lightroom vs. Luminar and showing the detail loss on the raw? If so, you can upload your high-resolution photos in TIFF to wetransfer.com and then post the link here (or send it to support@skylum.com). Thanks in advance!

Comment actions Permalink
    K.G. Wuensch

Hello Angela,

my problem is mainly that I have no confidence in Luminar anymore, I have basically given up on the RAW functionality of Luminar as it‘s unpredictable. Noise reduction is a no go area, I rather have a little noise than to lose detail and with the current RAW conversion there is no indication when noise reduction is used and when not. That disqualifies it outright for any workflow solution, as you can‘t build a workflow on the basis of automatic decisions that the user can’t influence. Unless you add a switch to enable or disable the noise reduction in the RAW converter I will not waste another minute, it‘s simply not worth the effort for me.

I would have requested a refund for my purchase had I know that you even change the noise reduction automatism in the middle of the version (at least you proudly announced the change - you should be ashamed to change something that fundamental in an update, LR only does changes like that when going for a new version and then preserves the previous edits by switching to a new process version), another thing you seemingly don‘t understand is a killer blow to any effort the user has put into creating a workflow!

K.G. Wuensch

Do ypu care to address my concerns? What about disabling the idiotic automatic noise reduction which makes any editing workflow impossible!

Please sign in to leave a comment.