How about color management in Luminar?

Comments

34 comments

Douglas Ritchie

I agree completely with Fernando, I have emailed several times about this exact problem, like Fernando I have tried every combination of colour spaces but it makes no difference. I have been told they will release a patch update to deal with the problem.

I really like the software but it is really no good as it stands just now as regards the colour management, hope it will be sorted ASAP

Comment actions Permalink
    cristiano giani

I agree completetly with Fernando and Douglas

When i import from lightroom to luminar the image is truly too saturated,the difference is very important

I like the potentiality of luminar and i would to buy it,but this problem it makes me uncertain

There' a solution ???....

Florent Segaert

Same problem here.

I've created a post with examples (RAW file (CR2), jpg from camera and jpg direct export from Luminar). Now, it's pending approval.

I hope a quick solution could be found.

Grzegorz Bukowski

Hello,

Can someone from Skylum shed some light on what is the path for introducing a proper color management to Luminar ? Many users were raising this topic and no constructive feedback has ever been published.

thanks

Greg

Denis Kotsee

There isn't a timeline yet, sorry, but we are aware of this issue, and our team is working on fixing it.

Florent Segaert

I can't understand how a software which is said to be maid for "professional image editing" cannot manage colours ! This is not for professional, and not for enthusiasts photographers either.

For now, I have switched to dxo photolab. Price is much higher but at least the result have the exact colours I see on my monitor.

Paul MacKinnon

No colour management when sending from PS to Luminar  :(   Takes educating guessing to the next level.

Jeffrey Smith

I spent hours last night with Aurora working on some high contrast images. I actually really liked the software and was ready to buy it. Thankfully I looked at my exported images. Geez. What happened to the color I was so happy with? I spent hours trying different combinations of exports and checking them against and in my other programs. Fortunately, I found this thread at 2.30am this morning. How can a program for windows not be color managed? How can you sell this? How can anyone realistically use it? I can't. Luminar is the same way. This is ridiculous. My machine is a 5960X water cooled with 32 gig of ram, an AMD R9 390 graphics card and an Asus PA279 monitor calibrated with an I1 device. I'm serious. How is anyone supposed to use this? I guess it's a nice exercise.                                                                                                                                                                               I tried opening from raw, opening in Capture 1 and exporting, opening in Photoshop, converting to smart object and using the plug in version-all to no avail. Massive color shifts. This is the fundamental issue to fix. Has anyone figured this out? Are we still waiting on the "we're working on it" response?

Kathy Hoglund

Need to add color management so that the photo looks the same in Lightroom, Photoshop, OnOne (all three of these use the monitor's color calibration profile) and Luminar when running on Windows.  Without it, Luminar is not a professional solution, it's a trial and error guessing game!

Pan Chan

Bumping this because I just started my trial of Luminar and I'm noticing the same issues. Drove myself nuts exporting in various formats from both Luminar and Lightroom to compare. At first I thought it was a difference in how each program processes a .CR2 raw file (from 5D IV), but nope... export with no adjustments from Luminar looks completely different than what I see in the Luminar program.

I'm using a LG 31" IPS panel with full sRGB coverage and 99.5%+ Adobe RGB, calibrated with a Spyder 4 Pro and images shot using a 5D mk IV in sRGB RAW.

I was originally going to just buy Luminar and wait for the DAM update so I could fully replace LR but this just makes me want to bite the bullet and go for a LR CC subscription. Sigh.

Nielk Mike

Can't believe that a photo editing software doesn't have color management. That is a total no go.

Fernando Ariznavarreta

Believe it, there is no color management in Luminar and the worse part si that they have no plans to add  it in the short term.

It seems not to be a priority for them.

This problem alone is enough not to consider Luminar as a serious photo editor.

Pan Chan

Im surprised there are so many people who are ok using Skylum on Windows with inaccurate colors.

Douglas Ritchie

I have been in touch again with Skylum and was told they have now fixed the problem, they sent me a beta version and it has indeed thankfully been sorted! also seems to be a bit quicker opening and applying filters.

This should be part of the imminent update, I really like the software and now the Windows Colour management is sorted I am looking forward to really using it.

Pan Chan

Nice! I wonder if they'd give me a second trial period so I could see for myself.. hm

Fernando Ariznavarreta

We will see if it is fixed, if it is, they should be launching a new minor version ASAP in order to let us use the program as it should be from the beginning, and not wait for an update (luminar with libraries?).

Great news, at last.

RicoK

What can I believe? In this thread, there is stated, that color management is not there and "We might add color management in the future, but we have no immediate plans." 

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360004002991-Please-add-color-management-after-1-2-

I really hope, we get color management ...

Florent Segaert

Skylum tells us the issue has been fixed in Luminar 3. I don't think so.

I've ran the same tests as in Luminar 2018, same results. Still not usable for me.

Has anyone tried Luminar 3 yet to check ?

Grzegorz Bukowski

Hi,

I did not have too much time to test it thoroughly, but from a limited experience with Luminar 3 alongside with PS CC I can say the color management is working for me OK. I have a wide gamut EIZO monitor, which I have calibrated and set to Adobe RGB within the ColorNavigator. My Raw files are tagged with Adobe RGB and my working space in PS is also Adobe RGB. I see consistent colors when going back and forth between PS and Luminar.

hope that helps

Greg

cristiano giani

Even now, everything seems OK to me. The colors meet satisfactorily.
    Rather, I can not find a panel settings program. Can anyone tell me where it is?

Douglas Ritchie

Thankfully at last! the colours do seem to be okay, but still finding it very slow in windows compared to all my other software.

Niranjan Acharya

The issue is not fixed in Luminar 3. I’m in Luminar 3.0.1 and recently realized the awkward deep saturation which I thought was good when a friend of mine edited the same image in Lightroom and got close to real. Skylum has to fix this the images just gets over saturated and playing with the slider turns ugly

Maryna Skylum

Luminar 3 is color managed. It means that Luminar 3 interprets which color profile is selected on your OS  and adjusts to it.

ibon zabala

Hello
    with the latest updates the problem has been solved. Now it's perfect. From ligfhtroom or photoshop to luminar everything well.

Michael Ingram

Have a color issue in Luminar 3 that cannot be corrected. Thumbnails in Library are over saturated after any adjustments are made in edit. Then when opening the over saturated thumbnails to view larger they are over saturated in large view then in a second or two they change to a somewhat correct color, but not accurate. Have contacted support about this problem without getting any workable results. Tired of fighting this program. LR and Photoshop colors are spot on. I have a color profiled 10 bit monitor. Color Management does not work properly and it is very annoying. Doe anyone else have this issue? I am at wits end!

Lenka Kopečková

The same problem here. Skylum, any solution, please??

Angela Andrieux

Hi Lenka and Michael,

Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support so we can investigate this issue. Thanks in advance!

Please sign in to leave a comment.