Problem with moving sliders

Comments

8 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Marcin - Thanks for joining in the conversation!

Can you tell us a bit about your system setup (RAM, graphics card, etc.)?

Comment actions Permalink
    Marcin D

Thanks for feedback :)

My system setup:
    Windows 7 64bit
    i7-4700MQ
    nVidia GTX 760M
    16GB RAM

Of course I have latest drivers.

Anton Zvanut

This is also my experience, but on Win10. Many times I find myself pulling and pushing the mouse convinced that I duly clicked the slider dot. Editing an image is normaly done by staring at the image, not at the slider. But when the adjustment is never coming to the image I check the cursor and find out that the slider is not grabbed - that I left the slider intact.

Coul'd be a mouse/sensitivity set-up issue? What would be the best praxis to adjust the parameters of the pointing device?   

Julia Kot Kot

Hey guys,

That's an extraordinary behavior. Could you please try to set up the slider manually? Please check the screenshot. Let us know how it works for you this way. Also, if there is an option, please try to use Touchpad, instead of the mouse. 
    Let us know how it goes.  

Anton Zvanut

Hi!

Yes, Luminar is perfectly functional in this respect, don't worry. May be I just scarsely defined my concern about this issue. 

What I wanted to point out is, that the manipulation of the sliders requires much more attention than I am generaly practicing.

I believe that it is all about mastering the pointing device on a monitor with high pixel density. Small distances require small movements, small movements require certain level of attention, attention reguires discipline, and discipline is a kind of effort to us users. So I'm seekeng for an advice/instruction of how to adjust my equipment (or may be a list of equipment  best choices) that would make me master the pointing device at Luminar/Aurora any easier that I'm doing it now.

What I do not want is to simply decrease the viewing pixel density on the monitor.

Marcin D

Setting sliders manually works very well. You can see the problem with moving in the link below.

https://prnt.sc/iywzvy 
    Julia Kot Kot

Thanks, Marcin.

I've passed this info to our devs

Julia Kot Kot

Hey guys,

Our devs will extend the mouse cursor capture in the next patches. It should fix the issue. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.