Next update delayed until April?

Answered

Comments

13 comments

• Official comment
    Konstantin Zolo

Hi Charles,

Here are some of the big changes. A full patch note will be added when we get closer to the release.

Windows

• Added batch processing feature.
    • Added Auto Lens distortion correction.
    • Added Auto Chromatic aberration removal (and removed manual).
    • Added Auto defringe.
    • Added flip/rotate feature.
    • Added changing language settings
    • Added full-screen view mode.
    • Added zoomed image moving with spacebar. Can be used in hand, brush, erase, clone & stamp, free transform.
    • Added Free Transform mode.
    • Fixed DPI issues with a side panel and sliders dimensions.
    • Speeded up all filters - did lots of optimizations, refactoring.
    • Fixed colorspace issues on export and in a plugin mode.

MAC

• Added Auto Lens distortion correction.
    • Added Auto Chromatic aberration removal.
    • Added Auto defringe. 
    • Added DCP profiles support and logic for switching.
    • Greatly speeded up RAW image opening. 
    • Speeded up all filters - did lots of optimizations, refactoring.
    • Added new cameras support.
    Comment actions Permalink
    Konstantin Zolo

Hi Michael,

Thanks for joining in!

We've decided to give it more time but believe me this update will be a big step forward.

Carl Douthit

I agree with Michael. We were told that information would be provided in this community, but now maybe not?

WHERE will the one spot be for Skylum to communicate this type of news to the purchasers of Luminar.

As for the February/March/April update being a "big step forward", my first question is this: Compared to WHAT?

And all of the parceling out of information, the lack of clear communication, etc., this makes me think that as a Company Skylum has major problems both visible and behind the scenes.

This may sound harsh, but I hope that whomever gets Skylum's intellectual property (after it declares bankruptcy) will refocus on providing a good program for both Windows and Mac users.

charles molt

can anyone give us a list of somethings to look forward too ?

Margarita Ney

Finally somebody is talking!  Thank you to Alina for the actual update on the "news" and also Konstantin for these details.

Konstantin Zolo

You're always welcome, Margarita.

Colin Grant

Thank you. But why is this always last minute stuff, why could you not have said all this earlier? It always seems as though you have missed your target and therefore have to find something to say. You must have realisef you were running late long before this!

Luis Mederos

Having delivered software systems many times, I don't hold it against Luminar that they are late.  However, not saying upfront that there will be delays, and not rebaselining WHEN the much promised features are to be released (DAM, DAM, DAM...) is disappointing.

Fernando Ariznavarreta

I prefer a delay to a failed release.

But keeping us informed is important.

I understand that skylum is under a big change in development strategy and we need to be a bit permissive and patient.

I have developed software previously and it is not easy to keep pace with expectations, much more when you are under big changes.

I would like Luminar to completely replace Lightroom right now, but it is not prepared for that right now. Hope it will soon.

I am using it as a filter plugin, and many of its filters and their easy of use give me back what I paid for it.

Vance Zachary

With upcoming update will windows version have the ability to copy, duplicate and name layers, tag your favorite filters, move the center of vignette, color correction tool, adjustable gradient filter with the ability to move the gradient, and a plugin suite similar to the Mac version along with the ability to save the history along with the image? Just curious how close Windows will be to the Mac version?!

Julia Kot

Hi Vance,

You can check the full list of the features will be added to Windows version in a new patch.

Also, could you please specify what exactly you mean by the plugin suite similar to the Mac version so that we can better assist you here. 

Vance Zachary

Hi, Julia,
    Thanks for the prompt response. I mean by plug in suite the plug in support for Adobe products, Nik filters, 500px, etc.
    The features I listed were not included in the partial list of features mentioned in the post by Konstantin but are available to Mac users.

Julia Kot

Thanks for the explanation, Vance.

Our devs will definitely consider the possibilities of implementing such option in future. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.