Position of Apply button when used as Lightroom plug-in

Comments

19 comments

Konstantin Zolo

Good suggestion, noted!

Comment actions Permalink
    Mark Ejlenberg

where is the apply button in aurora, to switch back to lightroom. I used the Aurora plug in . in lightroom to get to aurora

Angela Andrieux

Hi Mark,

The Apply button is located in the upper right corner of Aurora HDR 2019 when using it in as a Lightroom plugin.

Mark Ejlenberg

I still haVE AURORA 2018 AND I DONT SEE THE BUTTON, TXS

Angela Andrieux

Hi Mark,

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin.

1. Close Lightroom
    2. Open Aurora HDR as a standalone
    3. Go to the File menu > Install Plugins
    4. Click the button to uninstall the Lightroom plugin, and then click it again to reinstall.
    5. Close Aurora HDR and restart your computer
    6. Launch Lightroom and invoke Aurora HDR as a plugin

Let me know if you can see the Apply button the upper right corner - if not, we'll investigate further. Thanks in advance!

Mark Ejlenberg

Angela, followed your recommendations. It worked if I open the plug in edit in, but with transfer to Aurora there is no apply or done button and the pict does not save directly to LR. 

Mark Ejlenberg

Angela,

another 2 questions: If I transfer to Aurora from LR , it saves back to LR in tiff format. There is no choice option.

Some times the saved version goes back to a folder but not to a collection. Why?

Txs

Denis Kotsee

When you use File > Plug-in Extras > Transfer to Aurora HDR 2019, the Cancel and Apply buttons should be available in the upper right corner of Aurora's window. The Done button becomes available only when you use tools, such as Crop or Free Transform.

The exchange between Lightroom and Aurora's plugin happens in TIFF by default in order to preserve maximum quality. If you choose to open original files with the plugin, they're opened in the format they're initially are in.

>Some times the saved version goes back to a folder but not to a collection. Why?

Try checking under All Photographs. You might need to change the sorting options, so that the most recent photos appear on top.

Marcia Jolley

I use LR 6 with Aurora plugin. I did not have trouble with Aurora 2018. With Aurora 2019, I find two scenarios. I edit a few steps in LR 6. First scenario - 1. Clk Photo, Edit In, Aurora 2019: only allows Edit Copy with LR adjustments, clk Edit, transfers to Aurora - There is not a Cancel or Apply button in top right corner (or anywhere). If I make changes in Aurora, I have to Export. Second scenario - 1. Clk File, Plug in Extras, Transfer to Aurora 2019: it uses original file (no choice to Edit Copy with LR adjustments), there are Cancel and Apply buttons, then had to import into Lightroom. I had to search for the saved photos, did not transfer back to Lightroom like it did in Aurora 2018. I already uninstalled and reinstalled the Aurora plugin and restarted my computer. This is way too many steps to have to take! Please advise. Thank you, Marcia.

Dmytro B.

Hi Marcia, if you can't find an edited photo in Lightroom after processing it in Aurora HDR 2019, try clicking 'All Photographs' in the Catalog tab and see if your images from Aurora HDR are there.

Here's a screenshot: http://prntscr.com/lbut2t

Marcia Jolley

Thanks, Dmytro. I did try to find in All Photographs, no luck. However, I do have a lot of photos and may have missed it. I should have tried with filters. I found the photo on my hard drive and tried to import in LR6. I was unable to import until I moved the file to my desktop (I know this does not make sense). I will try the process again.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Marcia,

If the issue persists please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll investigate further.

Keith Spurlock

The Apply button frequently disappears after creating a mask in a new layer.  After clicking on Done (for creating the mask) the "Apply" button goes away.  I've even tried clicking in the area where the Apply button is located and it does not respond. This problem has been a major source of frustration and hasn't been fixed in Aurora 2019.  This problem has been duplicated over three different PC's, 2 with 16GB of RAM and SSD's and a desktop with 32GB RAM in both 2018 and 2019 versions.  Frustrating when you spend 15+ minutes painstakingly drawing a mask (no easy task in Aurora) only to have to close the program and start all over again!

Suggestion: Add a backup "Apply" in the Menus, i.e. click on, File or Edit, Apply or "Return from Plugin".  This way, when the Apply button disappears during editing, you can still have a way of save your work!!

Keith Spurlock

Just a note, I don't use Lightroom, but this problem has happened as a stand alone file and as a plug in from Capture One Pro versions 11 and 12 and with Photoshop versions 2018 and 2019.  This has been a problem since day one when I purchased Aurora.  I would say the Apply button disappears about 35% of the times I draw a mask in a layer.  Even just a single layer.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Keith,

Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support so we can investigate this issue. Thanks in advance!

Martin Dareff

I am trying Flex and the same issue as discussed.  No apply button.  LR 6.14 Win 10  Need an apply button that takes the adjusted image to LR next to the original like all other external editors do.  If it won't do that no point in buying it.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Martin,

Please try using the Export > Luminar Flex command rather than Edit In. If the problem persists please contact us at www.skylum.com/support so we can investigate the issue.

Martin Dareff

That worked Angela except very inconvenient....  how can we make it work from the normal export in spot on the drop you get from right click on the image.  Also, when I open as a stand alone no apply or cancel button either.

OK...   Edit Note:  GOT IT!  Just a different part of the same drop down.  So far  WOW, amazing what a little sky, dehaze and sharpen will do.  Now to see if I can come up wityh a general amopunt and make a composite for batching.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Martin - Glad to hear it all worked out! :) Let me know if you have any other questions.

Please sign in to leave a comment.