DAM

Answered

Comments

263 comments

Mark Barnes

Based on the responses from Skylum in this forum is why I believe they are aware. Higher management  be aware given the significant delay in the rollout or shame on them. My post was meant for conversation, not as a rebuttal to any other posts should that be your concern. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment actions Permalink
    Russell Webb

Got to give them credit for there balls in marketing this.

Received email today  with headline  'Hurry up! The Luminar Flash Sale starts right now⚡' now (1) I already own the software and (2) Who wants a software that is sold on empty promises. DAM them all!!!

Denis Kotsee

@Russell Webb if you have received the email in question on the same email that you have your copy of Luminar registered on, please do let us know in an email to support@skylum.com, if this is a mistake in our mailing list we'd be grateful if you could allow us to fix it.

Gracie Allen

Nope, Mark, I wasn't looking for a rebuttal, it was a fer-real question.  In a lot of "support" forums I use, including those of that other image editing company who's software many of us use, questions are often answered with "this is a user to user forum, and there's no help to be gotten from the company here"... 

So, I was curious if there's an actual, DELIBERATE company presence here paying attention to the feedback, and HOPEFULLY responding and helping solve problems.

It doesn't APPEAR to be the case, but I'm always hoping that some of these non-800-pound-gorilla companies will provide a useful support presence in the public forums about their products.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Gracie - The Skylum support team reads every message posted here in the forums. We take all suggestions and feedback into consideration and do our best to answer all questions.

Alistair Eldred

I also only signed up due to the promise of DAM coming soon. I have a backlog of editing that I am waiting to process until DAM is resolved as I have purchased the product with the view of using as a complete workflow.

dankron01 .

I'm a profesional photographer and the reason I use LR is because of the DAM, if u release a DAM I'm willing to use Luminar from now on, but without it.. no way, adn I think almost all pro photographers think alike. So it must be your frist priority to release that.

BTW I work on PC, I have been on OSX a lot of years but no more, and again, I'm not the only one tired of apple so dont leave windows users behind please

K.G. Wuensch

@Dannygi,

you don't know what you have done to yourself by going with Windows. Windows is a joke compared to MacOS in terms of quality and Skylum is finding that out the hard way currently because the hardware they chose to rely so heavily on is supported even subpar compared to the rest of Windows...

Patrick Fezer

Do you have any news about the ETA of the Beta with DAM? 

Angela Andrieux

Hi Patrick,

You can find the latest info in this thread: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360015807632-DAM-PROGRESS

Peter Holka

changed strategy. instead of the answer "soon" they give the link to the thread without any new relevant info.

NO, you will not get any answer regarding the DAM.

Peter Marxen

freaky...

Nina Rey

Can we at least get a more specific timeline update? We've been waiting for this for too long. Many purchased the software thinking the DAM was very close, at least it's what was alluded to. 

I've purchased this software but also have had to continue with my Lightroom subscription. I'm looking for a refund from Skylum at this point to offset the many months I've had to keep paying for LR. 

This is why I have trust issues. 

Angela Andrieux

@ReyRey - An update to Luminar with an integrated DAM will be released soon. The update will be free to all Luminar 2018 users and will have all of the key features critical for keeping your content organized from beginning to end. Before its public release, the DAM update will undergo a series of beta tests to ensure the final product is as seamless and bug-free as can be. 

The first stage of internal beta testing has already begun. It focuses on the overall stability of the program. The second stage, which will be starting in August, will consist of getting the update out to selected pros and educators across the globe to take for a spin. During this stage, Skylum will start to reveal some of the features that will appear in the final version of the DAM update. 

Pascal Brönnimann

@Angela

Please do us all a favor and avoid the word "soon" in your comments in the future. No one will take you seriously anymore. But of course I understand, that developing a DAM with as few features as possible, takes a bunch of time. And another bunch. And another…

I'm sure Adobe is extremely relaxed.

Uwe Mobil

These are clear statements without a perhaps or possibly:

"The first stage of internal beta testing has already begun"

" The second stage .. will be starting in August"

"Skylum will start to reveal some of the features "

If there will be a DAM with great and excellent organizing and finding features Skylum will rock the scene.

Frank Fiorentino

Skylum will rock the scene?  Thanks for the good laugh. The statements they made are a huge slap in the face to everyone that bought Luminar 2018 based on the statement "coming in early 2018" or even worse, "coming soon" with Luminar 2017. If you believe that Skylum is going to be able to deliver something so great and excellent, let's talk about a bridge that I am selling.

Gracie Allen

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice...

Skylum got the money for Aurora 2017.  They're not getting a penny from me for Luminar 'til I can SEE that it's significantly better then Lightroom.  For me, this long awaited DAM is going to have to be absolutely incredible and completely, seamless in using all the tools I use - whether Photoshop, Helicon Focus, HDR Efex Pro, Dfine, Silver Effects, etc...

If it doesn't make what I do faster, easier and better, it's not worth a dime.

Russell Webb

Email today thought here we go the DAM has arrived but sadly NO!! just some new ambassadors and I have no use for ambassadors as they don't work on a Windows OS!!!!

Pascal Brönnimann

@Russel

I have no use at all for all that new “great ambassadors”. I wish Skylum would hire great developers, then maybe there would finally be more updates with urgently bug-fixes and MAYBE even one day the long-awaited DAM.

K.G. Wuensch

Being ambassador for dysfunctional software like Luminar can backfire. Why not tell these ambassadors what support and quality their promotedproduct has?

Rembert Oldenboom

Pity, no DAM yet. I've been one of the many beta-testers of Lightroom, before version 1.0 got released. I'd like to be added to the beta-pool.

Please don't publish the DAM when it's not really ready for the public. Lightroom did a 1 year beta period and they needed that period. A DAM is pretty complex stuff. And even with that 1 year beta many bugs were only discovered when the product went 'final'.

Mark Midyette

@Robert O

Did you use RawShooter before Adobe's LR?  I was a beta-tester as well, due to Adobe's purchase of Pixmantic's RawShooter for the foundation of LR.

As I recall, LightRoom did have issues for the first few revisions...

Frank Fiorentino

I used RawShooter before Adobe.  Sure, LR had problems early on but the technology was not as advanced as it is today. For the first few years LR had long public betas which proved useful. Once LR matured the public betas stopped.

Gracie Allen

Which given some of the performance and other issues that have plagued recent versions (7.3 for example as I recall) might be a worthwhile thing to bring back...

I'd a  WHOLE lot rather have this DAM absolutely bullet-proof 'cause Skylum is only going to get one chance NOT to screw the pooch.  If this thing is buggy, slow, limited, not fully compatible with everything it needs to be, or has other defects, the response from from users isn't going to be pretty.

Marek Zgorzelski

Luminar deleted from the disk. I have waited too long. You do not respect your clients.

Marek

Moritz Wellner

I'm back to Lightroom all together. Haven't touched Luminar for some time.

I bought the 2017 and was thrilled about the free DAM update coming soon. Then I took the plunge and brought 2018 again in the hopes of getting that soon to be released DAM. And now, 2/3reds of 2018 later, I'm thinking about paying Adobe and withdrawing my positiv blog entries about Luminar and the support at the beginning.

Sad.

I won't be recommending Luminar anymore and will tell all the friends I encouraged to get your product to think about leaving Luminar behind.

Ken Korman

One day left in August to disclose DAM features and announce release date as promised by Skylum. If the DAM is in beta, why can't they at least release more info? A this stage of development, all features and functionality should be locked.

Nina Rey

There are really only 2 reasons why, at the very least, more information about the DAM haven't been released: 

1) Skylum doesn't actually care about its customers or the reputation of their company. (Maybe they've always just wanted to be bought out by the big players?)

2) The DAM is so bad, they can't release it. 

Neither is acceptable after all this time. I'm tired of their spin. I will never ever recommend anything from them to anyone, much less spend any of my own $ on it 

Please sign in to leave a comment.