Automated m43 lens corrections using raw file data

Planned

Comments

9 comments

Alina Skylum

Hi Michael, 

We're currently working on its implementation. 

It will be definitely added in the upcoming updates. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Karl Byriel

I really hope this is coming soon, I cannot use Luminar as my main electronic dark room while it doesn't have the built in lens corrections.

Michael Anderson

I am sticking with Adobe until Luminar has much closer feature parity with Lightroom:  DAM, auto lens corrections, luminosity and color range masking...etc.    And now in Lr and ACR we can easily use different raw development profiles plus traditional presets.   I will be surprised if there is feature parity with Lr this year.  

Naidrok Nes

Any news about implementing proper lens correction?

Denis Kotsee

Not at the moment, sorry.

David Hyre

This is a required feature for the very next update/version of AURORA if you want it to remain competitive (better actually); ON1, SNS, and others do both HDR stacks and automated correction. I do a lot of batch HDR work with large sets (hundreds), and as far as I'm aware my choices in Aurora 2019 are:

1) Use the JPEGs from the camera because they're already lens-corrected, but then get halos from the JPEGs; or 

2) manually slog through hundreds of pics manually correcting the results from the batch. 

Both kind of make useless different features you worked to add to Aurora (batch and eradicating halos). 

While you're working on actual lens correction, you would do well to incorporate your own version of Topaz JPEG-to-RAW for processing brackets of JPEGs, I think you might be able to reduce the halos by 50% or better. Right now they're obvious on about 80% of my JPEG sets (I process both JPEGs and RAWs of the same brackets and pick the least-troublesome).

Anastasia Davis

Hi David! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I will pass them to our developers.

Michael Anderson

Anastasia,

I am confused.   Look at Alina's response from one year ago.

"We're currently working on its implementation. 

It will be definitely added in the upcoming updates. "

Was that a true statement or not?   If so, when?    If not, tell us the truth that using raw file lens correction data is not part of any "soon" release.  

Anastasia Davis

@Michael Sorry if my reply confused you. The point of my answer was that I will forward your opinion to our developers so they are aware of it and consider implementing it sooner.

Please sign in to leave a comment.