Edge aware tools in all products

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Julia Kot

Hi Michael,

Great suggestion! It's one we have heard before, so we'll make sure it's on our list of features to consider when we're ready to make some changes.  

Comment actions Permalink
    Colin Grant

Sounds like it might be a while coming then, which is a shame but you have your own priorities no doubt. Personally I see this as more important than the DAM if competition with Adobe editing products is to be achieved.

Tim Trim

I’m torn on this. Aperture is my DAM but is starting to crash and rebuild library often so it is a matter of time before it stops working. Edge detecting brush yes every other editing software has this. I can live without if luminosity masking is improved since for me a zone based editing system works better but would like both. But for me at the moment DAM has higher priority, but I would like some details. I’ve bought on1 but the DAM search and smart albums don’t match Aperture.

leon johnson

Michael Anderson is spot on!  This is not something to be done immediately. 

Colin Grant

That is purely a matter of opinion. An editing tool with no selective masking is not an editing tool at all - it is a toy. And if you read the above post they are not saying they will do it but that they might. It is a feature to consider! I really have had enough now and without doubt would like to claim my money back re Luminar. Is it still an email to Support to achieve this?

Michael Anderson

Glad I have spent the last two weeks learning Ps.  No question of all kinds of different masking tools in Ps.  

Kevin Downey

There hasn't been a lot of chatting on this recently - with the release of Version 3 I was sad to see no movement on this. I want to ping this up as I feel this is the most important feature missing to make Luminar a full feature editor.

Please sign in to leave a comment.