Evolution, not Big Bang, please

Answered

Comments

4 comments

Julia Kot

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it.

It is definitely noted :) 

Thanks again for being there, participating! 

Comment actions Permalink
    David Tillett

I agree with Bruce that Skylum need to be careful as they move forward with Luminar and Aurora so as to avoid losing customers if working things break at upgrades and bugs hang on. I am a Mac user and finding that the philosophy of Luminar fits in with my mindset and this makes it easy to enhance photos beyond what I have managed in Lightroom.

True there are changes that would make it even better for me, and I hope that some of these will come along before too long. On the other hand I would hate it to become bloated trying to fit in everything that can be done in all the other applications like Photoshop/ON1/Affinity/Capture One etc. Aim for something that follows the 20/80 rule, a product that 20% of all the possible features but capable of fulfilling the needs of 80% of photographers/photos.

One suggestion for future, more public betas of major upgrades. I do wonder what the reputation of Skylum would be if the upgrades to Luminar 2018 had remained as betas until proved to be compatible with Mac version in functions and performance. A short term hit to income but perhaps a better base to grow customers in the future.

(P.S. Bruce, are you ex-ULCC?)

pierspazio .

this post is important. A lot of people (and me) bought luminar seeing a DAM on the horizon.

Bruce Bovill

Hi David, absolutely!

As soon as I saw your name I wondered the same thing about your name.

I agree totally with what you have written, especially regarding betas. I  am already in the Apple programme and have offered to be so for Skylum too. Would have saved a lot of agro recently.

Here's a scene you may recognise, put through the Luminar AI filter 50%, and contrast added in Photos. I'm not a great one for over processing.

Simpler days of heavy metal.

Best wishes, Bruce

Please sign in to leave a comment.