Forum

Comments

15 comments

Konstantin Zolo

Good suggestions, we'll be adding more functionality as time goes by. I'm certain thread marking will be added in a near future.

Comment actions Permalink
    Roman Augustyn

Hi All,

Even though it's an old thread I'd like to add one suggestion, let's see if the staff notices. I very much like the looks and feel of the main skylum.com site and particularly the layout of these forums. One problem I have is accessing this forum. I normally go to the main site: skylum.com because it's easy to remember but neither on the main page or in the menu (top left) there is no direct link to the forum. I have to then google the skylum forum and get here that way.

Would it be difficult to just add an new item to the menu? It would help old timers like me to get here faster without remembering the long URL address to the forum.

cheers

Roman

Mike Morrison

@Roman, shhhhh don't distract them. They are busy working on the DAM.

Bob Picman

Indeed 3.0.2 is a disaster. I am ready to chuck this piece of s*** in the dustbin. Totally unworkable. There can be no excuse for releasing such a shabby version. The previous ones were not all that fluently workable either but this one is a disaster! Instead of spending time on glowing adds and annoying email messages telling us how wonderful luminar is, get your act together and deliver. Can you tell I am angry. Good!

Fernando Ariznavarreta

Being able to edit our own posts and their titles would be great.

We foreigners make frequent typo errors and being able to correct them would be great.

Angela Andrieux

I make plenty of typos, too! :) Please click on the gear icon next to your post - it should allow you to make edits.

Fernando Ariznavarreta

ah, ok, thank you.

Denis Kotsee

Thank you for the suggestion! You can access the forum from the support page (Contact Skylum Team in the main menu).

Roman Augustyn

Thanks Denis for a quick response.

Yes, I can see you can do that but it is not intuitive. When I click on "Contact Skylum Team" button in the main menu it brings me to my account page and nowhere there there is a clear link to "Forum" or "Community".

On this page I can see prominent buttons "Hottest Questions" and "Download Links". Only when I click on "Hottest Questions" it brings me to a page with, oh yes, hottest questions, and still don't see any link to the forums. I have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page (and new user, like me, wouldn't have any idea to do that) to see a prominent button "Ask the Community".

Stick a simple button with a link to the forums in the main menu.... please???

cheers

Roman

David Dengler

Clicking Contact Skylum Team takes me to a page for Customer Support but nothing about the forum!

Roman Augustyn

@Mike... DAMn!!! You're right Mike, I'll shut up now, LOL

Denis Kotsee

@Roman Augustyn  sure thing, I understand. There are some UI and UX considerations happening at the moment; I've forwarded your request to people in charge of the website, hopefully they will figure out a convenient way to access the forum.

Rod Ralston

I installed the Luminar 3.0.2 update and it has totally stuffed up the previous installation.  It will not update the gallery and just "hangs" the whole application. I have now deleted the application totally.  Can I reinstall Luminar 2018 from my original email receipt of purchase using the activation code and wait till you guys sort out Lumina 3 and it's updates?

Regards,

Rod

Angela Andrieux

Hi Rod,

We apologize for the issues you've having with 3.0.2. You can revert to the previous version via the download in your Skylum account. We are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. It will be re-released next week. More info here: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360041735072-New-Luminar-update-is-coming-soon

nancy anderson

I am so aggravated.  I bought 4.0  over an hour ago.   The activation code showed up once.  I didnt write it down so now it wants me to BUY it again.  I bought it.  I want to use it Now.....................  Where is the stupid code.  And there is no phone number.  I just bought the entire package.  This better not be a BS thing.

Please sign in to leave a comment.