Comments

108 comments

Zach Wagner

Hello,

I noticed that the Fuji X-A5 is supported, but not the X-T100. Since they use the same sensor, would files from the X-T100 automatically be supported or do you have to add support for that camera separately? Just curious as I'm considering buying an X-T100. Of course I'm also considering spending the extra cash and grabbing an X-T30. Which leads me to another question... I know the camera hasn't been released yet, but as it uses the same sensor as the X-T3, would we see support for the X-T30 right when it comes out or is there a timeline for that support?

Thanks!

Comment actions Permalink
    Zach Wagner

Technically the option doesn't completely work either. You have to further correct the file as there is still barrel distortion and very dark corners after the automatic correction. I don't mind doing it, but I could see how it might be annoying for a working pro to have to do it every time.

I would submit that, like Lightroom, there should be a way to set up presets for each camera profile where you can have certain settings automatically applied to those specific raw files each time you go to edit them. This way you can at least have the automatic distortion corrected, CA, etc, in addition to maybe some general sharpening applied to files so you don't have to do that every time. I suppose you could create a look for that, but then you still have to click on that every time...

John Marshall

It appears the the latest update for Luminar 3 did not include support for the Lumix S1 or S1R RAW files, which is certainly disappointing to say the least. So, while I continue to wait for that support I have been using ON1 Photo RAW and DxO PhotoLab 2, both of which do support and develop the S1 and S1R RAW files. As a matter of fact, I am now thinking that DxO PhotoLab 2 is one of the best RAW processors I've seen. The S1 and S1R RAW files are just stunning when processed with PhotoLab 2. And since they maintain one of the largest camera body and lens databases, the automatic corrections applied to the RAW file for each camera body and lens combination is really fantastic.

Karin Berndsen

Please include Sony A7iii (MK3) in the next update I'm already waiting several moths for this update. When I upload a photo in raw it appears great and 2 seconds later there is a grey veil all over it. I hope this problem will be solved when the drivers for my Sony camera are included in your software. Please let me know when this is going to happen. Thanks, 

Bernd Dotterweich

Please please add Huawei P20 Pro. This would be the killer for Lightroom.

Steffen Braun

Where's the Fuji X-T3 support?

Stephen Lerch

Any word on Canon EOS R support for RAW?

Maxime Durez

Hi,

Me and some friends of mine just got the Canon EOS 2000D and would be grateful of the support.

Much love to this software

Have a nice day.

Martin Jaworski

I miss the support for Canon EOS 2000d

Angela Andrieux

Hi Rob,

Support for the Luminar LX 100 II will be added in the next update. For a list of new camera support coming, please check out the Roadmap: https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap

Maryna Skylum

Hi Alessio,

Yes.
    The following new cameras will be supported in the next update:
    * Nikon D3500
    * Nikon P1000
    * Nikon Z6
    * Nikon Z7
    * Panasonic Lumix DC-LX100 II
    * Fujifilm GFX 50R
    * Fujifilm X-T3
    * Sony RX100VA
    * Sony RX100VI
    * Sony DSC-HX99
    * Sony DSC-HX95
    * Leica M10-D
    * Leica M10-P
    * Leica D-Lux 7

Zach Wagner

That's fine, but we should still have the option of making a bunch of selections and have those apply automatically to any raw file we open from that particular camera. Of course I could go in and click what I want and then paste these adjustments, but it slows down the workflow. Simple, initial adjustments like distortion correction and sharpening, etc should be able to be applied automatically if we so choose, and should be symbiotic to particular cameras. We might want a file from a Canon sharpened differently than one from a Fuji for instance. I don't have to make profiles for my cameras in Lightroom, but at least I can do it. And it speeds things up immensely.

Zach Wagner

No problem. I didn't mean to belabor the point. I also posted a comment previously about support for the X-T100 and X-T30 (I realize this one's not really out quite yet), and when we might see support for those raw files, but my comment seems to have gone missing...

Zach Wagner

@Anastasia Davis

So... not sure if my query about the support for the Fuji X-T100 and X-T30 raw files is getting passed up for any particular reason, but I've asked about it twice now (my original comment magically reappeared)... any idea when we might see support for these cameras come through?

Thanks, I know you guys/ladies are busy.

Javier Falcón

Hello,

Could you please add support for Canon 2000D?

While using Luminar 3 for editing pictures taken with my wife´s Canon 2000D, I noticed that the RAW develop filter is not available (only the simplified non-RAW develop instead). So that not all lens correction options are enabled. By checking at the information currently displayed in the link provided at the beginning of this thread (and unless it has not been updated) I see that this model is not yet listed as "supported". With my 60D such module works OK but I was a bit surprised since I think 2000D is already a common canon dslr for beginners.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Roy Loso

19 months since cr3 was first introduced and still nothing. Wish I had noticed it wasn't covered when I purchased, may be exercising my return capability if an ETA isnt set soon.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Mohan,

I can't yet confirm support for the Leica Q2, but we will be publishing a list of supported cameras for Luminar 4 soon.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Siegmund,

I'll let our developers know and hopefully we can include that in an upcoming update.

Lawrence Clark

Could you please include canon 1500d in next update

Denis Kotsee

I can't tell for sure but hopefully we'll be able to.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Karin,

I am anticipating support for the Sony A7iii in the next update. In the meantime, several of our users who also use the A7iii have downloaded the Adobe DNG Converter and use it as a workaround for bringing their raw files into Luminar. I hope that helps!

Jason Bedford

Can we please have support added for the Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS200/TZ200/TZ220?

Julia Kot

Sure :) We will consider the possibilities of adding Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS200/TZ200/TZ220 to support cameras list. 

Ste Ve

Please add the "new" Canon M50 and the CR3-RAW Format.

Till now, ist not supported.. Just tried with the FreeVersion. But ist only supporting CR2-RAW :(

Realy would like to use luminar

Thani Alzaffin Almuhairi

Can you add support for the Panasonic GH5s ? 

I waiting for this to buy Luminar. Thanks

Haavard Pettersen

Another vote for Canon M50 support. I use the Adobe DNG converter and edit in Luminar after that, but that is a painful workaround.

Timo Kemilä

Canon M50 (CR3) support, please

Angela Andrieux

Hi Steffen,

We are working on raw support for the Fuji X-T3 and will add it in a future update.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Stephen,

I don't have a release date I can share yet, but we are working on support for the EOS R.

fPrime

Heads up... you list the Nikon D1X as a supported camera. However, the latest Luminar 2018 v1.3.2.2677 release still displays strong horizontal banding with any D1X RAW file that it opens up.

I suspect the software does not know how to de-convolute the D1X's unique 5.3MP sensor into 10MP output. In Adobe Camera Raw and Nikon Capture NX-D users are given the choice of either converting the D1X NEF to 5MP or 10MP output. Seems Luminar chose 10MP output by default but can't handle the interpolation?

I can send RAW files if you are interested.

Please sign in to leave a comment.