Comments

108 comments

Jarred DuQuette

Which is why I ended having to change to Capture One. The XT30 came out in February 2019, so they have had plenty of time to get it added.

Comment actions Permalink
    John Marshall

Yep. I've switched to Capture One as well. I also use ON1 and DxO PhotoLab, both of which support my camera (Lumix S1R).

Alexander Prof. Dr. Suhm

I have bought a Sony RX100 VII and read through the whole post here.

It is quite hard to correct lens distortion, WB, ... for every photo.

is there a plan when the camera will be supported in RAW?

TIA

Kate Williams

Hi, 

As this is a rather new camera, its support implementation may take some time as we need to process a lot of image samples. However, let me please assure you that our engineering team will do their best to make its RAWs compatible with Luminar in the future. 

For now, please install Adobe DNG Converter and convert your RAW files to DNG file format (which is supported by Luminar). 

Please use one of the links below to download Adobe DNG Converter:

For Mac OS:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_mac/ 

For Windows:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_win/ 

Alexander Prof. Dr. Suhm

Thanks for your quick but standard answer.

this is now about 8 weeks the Sony is available and probably even longer for influencers and people like yourself bringing the best experience to the users on the day of market launch.

Adobe is you main competitor. So you are relying on them to make these quicker adaptions?

It seems to me you are more working on features to attract new customers with Luminar 4 then serving your existing customers. So sad.

Didier DUPRAT

From what I understand, you're using the LIBRAW library, you're not creating your own development process.

This is why, it takes so much time.

I'm still waiting for the PANASONIC S1 support, which is available from last March.

hopefully, LIBRAW plans a new update this fall that should add the Panasonic S1 support.

So I hope my camera will be supported this fall by Luminar !!!

Arjen Toonstra

Where is de canon eos 2000d why get i pink pictures!!!

Patrick Gstir

@Arjen Toonstra

I've requested the support for the EOS 2000D since a long time now, it seems they will never support this camera. Feels like i permanently have to always use Photoshop to remove chromatic aberration on mountains, buildings etc.

Like I said it feels like they're not interested in supporting a well known beginner DSLR...

roro maul

I decided to move on from Luminar. Another software with big promises that turns into a pain. No upgrade anymore, they have all been a pain. Bye Luminar !

Patrick Gstir

Will we ever get support for the Canon EOS 2000D? I'm sick of permanently switching to another program to presave the RAW images to JPG because Luminar doesn't recognize the contrast and saturation changes I did on the camera. Sorry but it makes Luminar very hard to use because I have to edit JPGs...

Also I don't think I will change to L4 because if it's that hard to add support for a specific camera then I'm not interested any more. I love the software itself but support is awful...

Vita Bergman

Hi Patrick!

We are constantly working on adding new supported cameras on the list.
    However, making cameras compatible with Luminar implies related technical issues that we need to overcome.
    Once we can provide full support for the mentioned model of the camera, we'll let you know.

Mohan Karthigasu

Is there any update on if Luminar 4 will support DNG from the Leica Q2

Angela Andrieux

Hi Mohan,

I can't yet confirm support for the Leica Q2, but we will be publishing a list of supported cameras for Luminar 4 soon.

Mohan Karthigasu

Thanks for the reply however I’ve been asking question now for nearly a year. From reading the other comments seems I’m not the only one. DNG format now seems to be more universal so if skylum is serious about being a credible substitute for Lightroom don’t you think effort should be given to correct this deficiency?
    I’m not belittling Luminar, I’m a great supporter as I belief it’s a really great product. However your alienating a great population of supporters. So please focus on your customers a little. They pay for your ability to enhance a great product

Didier DUPRAT

Hi,

there's a new LIBRAW Snapshot (201910) that includes new camera support, including PANASONIC S1/S1R.

As I believe you use this library in Luminar, will you include it in the first bunch of LUMINAR 4 ? or in next LUMINAR 3 update ?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Didier,

I don't have the final list of cameras supported by Luminar 4, but we'll be publishing it soon. Thanks for your patience!

Can I request/suggest the Canon 90D?

Patrick Gstir

Waiting for the Canon EOS 2000D for more than half a year now and still nothing.

Please sign in to leave a comment.