Comments

108 comments

roro maul

boo !

Comment actions Permalink
    Jarred DuQuette

@Helena, I don't know how it's working, but since upgrading to 3.1, I can now open the RAF RAW files generated by my Fuji X-T30.

Duke Pham

The CR3 files came out more than a year ago and Luminar 3.1.1 still doesn't support it. Canon CR3 format is very popular now. Couldn't do anything with all my RAW files that I've taken in the last one year.

Kirk Osborn

The support of .CR3 files will be added in our future updates. As for now, we don't have ETA, but our developers are working around the clock right now to get this feature added as soon as possible.

Stay tuned and check for updates.

For now, you can work with JPEGs or convert the RAW files to DNG and process them in Luminar:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html 

Richard MacDonald

FYI, while your list includes the "Sony DSC-RX10IV" as supported, it is not working correctly. Aurora is producing severely vignetted images, the chroma aberration is not corrected, and the noise profile is not correct.

If I use darktable to open the raw files, I see the same errors as in Aurora.

If I open the image with Sony Imaging Edge (their native app), the issues are not present.

Maryna Skylum

Hi Richard,

We need to be able to reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs.

Please send us the original image file. Here's how:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and send it to us at support@skylum.com along with the link to this thread.
    Patrick Gstir

Hey,

just wanted to ask, if there is at least a plan for a Canon EOS 2000D support in the future...

Terry Rogers

Hi Patrick, Canon EOS 2000D is not on the official list of supported cameras in Luminar 3, however, we do have a customer who reported that Luminar 3 can read RAW images from this camera after the February's update. If you wish to know for sure, feel free to email us your RAW-images to support@skylum.com and we will have a look. You can upload your files to https://wetransfer.com/ and email us a web link to download them.

Didier DUPRAT

Has the file listing of supported camera been updated for the last 3.1.2 version of Luminar ?

Any news regarding PANASONIC DC-S1 support ?

John Marshall

It appears the the latest update for Luminar 3 did not include support for the Lumix S1 or S1R RAW files, which is certainly disappointing to say the least. So, while I continue to wait for that support I have been using ON1 Photo RAW and DxO PhotoLab 2, both of which do support and develop the S1 and S1R RAW files. As a matter of fact, I am now thinking that DxO PhotoLab 2 is one of the best RAW processors I've seen. The S1 and S1R RAW files are just stunning when processed with PhotoLab 2. And since they maintain one of the largest camera body and lens databases, the automatic corrections applied to the RAW file for each camera body and lens combination is really fantastic.

peter last

A few Fujifilm recent cameras are absent! Support for X-T100 please, it's a camera model from last year I was expecting it to be supported, until then won't be able to buy this software. Not to even mention the glaring absence of X-T3 and X-T30.

Please communicate better when new updates for camera compatibility are available instead of making users dig in forums.

Anna V

Hi Peter, 

X-T3 is already supported by Luminar 3. 

Regarding the other models, we will do our best to add their support as soon as possible. 

Duke Pham

Can’t believe it still doesn’t support CR3 which is very popular now

peter last

Thanks Anna. X-T100 has the same sensor as X-A5 which is already supported, so shouldn't be too difficult.

Mohan Karthigasu

Hi I tried to import photos from my Leica Q2 into Luminar 3 but it wouldn’t do it. Format was dng. Please help

Helena Carter

Hi Mohan,

Since Leica Q2 native DNG format is not yet supported, for now, we recommend you to install Adobe DNG Converter and convert your Leica Q2 files to Adobe DNG file format (which is supported by Luminar). 

Please use one of the links below to download Adobe DNG Converter:

For Mac OS:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_mac/ 

For Windows:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_win/ 

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Dirk Buerstätte

Hi,

with the new version Luminar 4: will be the CR3 from Canon R now supported?

Dirk

Kirk Osborn

We can't guarantee that the support of CR3 files will be implemented at the initial release, but we'll add it as soon as our tech team resolves all the difficulties with this file format.

Please stay tuned.

Didier DUPRAT

Any news regarding PANASONIC DC-S1 support ?

Andreas Walz

Hi,

does Luminar 3 support Sony Alpha 6400 RAW format?

Helga Rowles

Hi Andreas, not at the moment, I'm afraid. You can check the list of supported cameras here: https://media.macphun.com/uploads/uploads/Supported_cameras_Luminar_3.pdf

Patrick Gstir

Hi,

Is there any plan to support the Canon EOS 2000D in the future?

Didier DUPRAT

Will Luminar4 support exactly the same cameras than L3 ?

Or do we have a chance that L4 support more cameras than L3 ?

Angela Andrieux

@Patrick Gstir - Support for the Canon EOS 2000D will likely be added in the future, but I don't have an ETA at this time.

@Didier DUPRAT - Both Luminar 3 and Luminar 4 will be receiving updates for new camera support. However, I don't have a list of cameras that will be added quite yet. Learn more about our plans for L3 and L4 here: https://skylum.com/blog/why-the-new-luminar-has-me-so-excited

Anthony Valvo

Please support the Olympus E-m1x and Fuji GFX 100. Otherwise,I am going over to DXO.

Kirk Osborn

We will pass on your suggestion to our tech team for further consideration. Please stay tuned.

Patrick Gstir

Will we ever get support for the Canon EOS 2000D because I really miss the RAW develop function. Especially because i do mountain photography very often and it's really annoying when you have a snowy mountain and a blue sky because you get a red border around the mountain contures...

And it's also a very common beginner camera so it would be very nice to support not only the "big" ones...

Roy Loso

19 months since cr3 was first introduced and still nothing. Wish I had noticed it wasn't covered when I purchased, may be exercising my return capability if an ETA isnt set soon.

Hi,

In an earlier post from Anna Veres, she said that Fuji X-T3 RAF is supported in Luminar 3.1.

If X-T3 RAF is supported, does that mean that Fuji X-T30 RAF is also supported?  I am asking because I just purchased Luminar 3+4 package, and have 3.1.3.3920 installed on Windows 10, and when I look at any RAF files from my X-T30 in Luminar, they look like really "blurred".

Jim

Maryna Skylum

Hi!

We plan on adding this camera (Fuji X-T30) in Luminar 4.

Please sign in to leave a comment.