Comments

108 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Markus,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the CR2 files from you G1X MK-II. We'd appreciate if you could email us at support@skylum.com with one of the files so we can examine the issue. If the file is too large to email you can use WeTransfer.com. Here are instructions:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it may ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your email.

Thanks in advance! We look forward to hearing from you.

Comment actions Permalink
    Carsten Marowsky-Bree

Hello,

Sony RX100 VI RAW import is not working properly as well. 

Please see attached pictures (1st Luminar RAW, 2nd Sony RAW viewer)

Thanks

Anastasia Davis

Hi Carsten! Did you try correcting those black corners with Lens Correction in the RAW Develop filter?

In case the issue remains, please send us an original file so we could test it on our side.

Here is how you can do that:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into an email to support@skylum.com
    Carsten Marowsky-Bree

Hi Anastasia,

yes - that option works - but it is a pita to do so on a bunch of raws. I have send you the picture via mail

Carsten

Zach Wagner

Technically the option doesn't completely work either. You have to further correct the file as there is still barrel distortion and very dark corners after the automatic correction. I don't mind doing it, but I could see how it might be annoying for a working pro to have to do it every time.

I would submit that, like Lightroom, there should be a way to set up presets for each camera profile where you can have certain settings automatically applied to those specific raw files each time you go to edit them. This way you can at least have the automatic distortion corrected, CA, etc, in addition to maybe some general sharpening applied to files so you don't have to do that every time. I suppose you could create a look for that, but then you still have to click on that every time...

Anastasia Davis

@Carsten @Zach The thing is that Luminar shows more digital info than Lightroom or other apps. Lightroom has an autocorrection. With Luminar, we give our users more flexibility in this.
    I do understand that it might be handy for a bunch of photos. I will forward your suggestion to our developers. 

Zach Wagner

That's fine, but we should still have the option of making a bunch of selections and have those apply automatically to any raw file we open from that particular camera. Of course I could go in and click what I want and then paste these adjustments, but it slows down the workflow. Simple, initial adjustments like distortion correction and sharpening, etc should be able to be applied automatically if we so choose, and should be symbiotic to particular cameras. We might want a file from a Canon sharpened differently than one from a Fuji for instance. I don't have to make profiles for my cameras in Lightroom, but at least I can do it. And it speeds things up immensely.

Anastasia Davis

@Zach Thanks for your comments on this. I understand you. Have sent it to our developers as well.

Zach Wagner

No problem. I didn't mean to belabor the point. I also posted a comment previously about support for the X-T100 and X-T30 (I realize this one's not really out quite yet), and when we might see support for those raw files, but my comment seems to have gone missing...

fPrime

@Zach:

"I would submit that, like Lightroom, there should be a way to set up presets for each camera profile where you can have certain settings automatically applied to those specific raw files each time you go to edit them. I suppose you could create a look for that, but then you still have to click on that every time..."

Exactly! We need camera and lens presets just like they exist in Lightroom's preset tree where one can create an unlimited number of presets and folders to nest them in until needed. The presets themselves should be configurable to only modify those development parameters desired. I need to apply exposure presets, for example, separate from WB presets.

The "Looks" model of applying changes is good for making broad visual choices on stylistic preferences but sucks at applying specific RAW development parameters. This is because the "look" itself overwrites every development parameter once applied. What, you just wanted to fix lens distortion? Well, you also changed the WB and exposure by clicking your distortion-correction "Look".

Zach Wagner

@Anastasia Davis

So... not sure if my query about the support for the Fuji X-T100 and X-T30 raw files is getting passed up for any particular reason, but I've asked about it twice now (my original comment magically reappeared)... any idea when we might see support for these cameras come through?

Thanks, I know you guys/ladies are busy.

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Zach,

Unfortunately, for now, we don't have ETA for these cameras support. 

Zach Wagner

Ah, okay. Well thank you for responding, and I guess I'm putting in a vote for their addition. =)

Have a great day.

Neil Stanley

Any chance of Nikon NRW format support (A1000)? [Google sent me to Mac version of this theme so also left message there before I noticed]. ;)

Dirk Buerstätte

Any idea for CR3 from EOS R?

Last entry in this section is 5 month ago....

Helena Carter

Hi Dirk, 

We will add the support for CR3 files in the next updates for Luminar 3, but currently, there's no ETA for this. We will keep you posted.

Please, check our roadmap to see what's coming: https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap

Helena Carter

@Neil,

Luminar 3 supports NRW format. As to the Nikon, A1000, we'll add it's support, but there's no timeline yet.

Best regards

Dirk Buerstätte

Hello Helena,

I´m sad to hear this. Sitting here with my brand new EOS R I would like to know when it is supported? 1 month, 6 month...

I know we are talking with the EOS R about a new camera from 2018 but I have seen that luminar support Nikon Z6 / Z7 which coming up nearly at the same time.

Is Canon for Skylum not such a popular make?

Anastasia Davis

Hi Dirk! We are working on adding CR3 files support. We will definitely implement it soon. Nevertheless, as Helena mentioned, we are not sure of the date yet.

David Fleetwood

Hi, any update on when the Canon EOS M50 will be officially supported?  Thanks!

Helena Carter

Hi David ,

We'll add the support for Canon M50 files in on of the future updates, but there's no timeline yet. We will keep you posted.

For now, we recommend you to install Adobe DNG Converter and convert your RAW files to DNG file format (which is supported by Luminar). 

Please use one of the links below to download Adobe DNG Converter:

For Mac OS:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_mac/ 

For Windows:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_win/ 

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Cheers!

David Fleetwood

Thanks for the update, it's appreciated.  I hope native support arrives soon, this is the one thing that has made me hesitate to pull the trigger on a purchase.

Zach Wagner

Just to add to the DNG conversation here, I took Helena's advice for David and converted some of my X-T100 files to DNG to see what would happen. VOILA, all of a sudden automatic corrections work, and work pretty well. I'm not sure if it will work the same for the EOS M50 files, but it basically has fixed any issues I was having with my Fuji X-T100 raw files. All I can think is that Luminar's code understands what DNG is telling it, and Adobe's DNG converter understands what my Fuji files are telling it, since that camera is supported by Adobe. So it seems as though, at least in my case, the DNG converter is acting as an interpreter. 

Whether my thought process is wrong or right, it works, and it works well. Files also seem to load a little faster, though I could be making that up. It is a little annoying to have to do this extra step, but if it works for the M50 the way it works for my X-T100, I think you'll be pleased, and it definitely makes Luminar infinitely more usable in the interim before we get true support.

Javier Falcón

Hello,

Could you please add support for Canon 2000D?

While using Luminar 3 for editing pictures taken with my wife´s Canon 2000D, I noticed that the RAW develop filter is not available (only the simplified non-RAW develop instead). So that not all lens correction options are enabled. By checking at the information currently displayed in the link provided at the beginning of this thread (and unless it has not been updated) I see that this model is not yet listed as "supported". With my 60D such module works OK but I was a bit surprised since I think 2000D is already a common canon dslr for beginners.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Jarred DuQuette

Although not mentioned in the release notes, it appears that the 3.1 update to Luminar 3 is supporting the Fuji X-T30.  

Patrick Gstir

Missing the Canon EOS 2000D...

So I have not full access to the RAW-Develop function...

Didier DUPRAT

What about PANASONIC S1 and S1R support in Luminar 3 ?

Helena Carter

@Jarred, there were no new cameras added in 3.1.0.

@Patrick, as a workaround, you can convert your RAWs to DNG so you can use Raw Develop Filter.

@Didier, Panasonic S1 and S1R support is planned, but there's no ETA yet. However, our technical department has told me that it's planned to be implemented without multi-shot high-resolution mode.

roro maul

I need support for SIGMA (X3F) files. These are very large (40+ MB) so the option to export to TIFF and then only use Luminar is very cumbersome.

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Roro, 

I am sorry to say but for now, we are not planning to add support of SIGMA (X3F) files in the upcoming updates. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.