Cannot Export out of HDR/system Freeze UP

Comments

11 comments

Julia Kot

Hi Mark,

As far as I can see in the email correspondence, our support team provided you with a workaround. Have you tried it? 

Please let us know. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Mo Ogilvie

I am having the same problem but not EVERY time.  Also, when I use it as a filter it does not export only saves.  It seemed to be working ok for a time.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Mo - I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue as well. Please reach out to support@skylum.com and we'll look further into the situation.

Darshan Karia

I am also facing this same issue since last update in aurora hdr 2018 on windows 10.

For me system freezes up, and if I am lucky, after 15-20 minutes it will finish the task and I would get my desktop back, and it would have finished exporting the file. Otherwise reboot is the only option, in which case I do not get the exported file as well.

I wanted my observations to be visible somewhere, to compare with what others have observed:

1. This happens consistently when we have more number of layers (3-4 adjustment layers is what I tested with).
    2. It has a lot of modified memory if I look at task manager (before it freezes up of course), which is yet to be written to disk. Memory consumption is at full before it freezes. Which gives me a feeling that it starts using pagefile after utilizing full ram, and somehow freezes up.

I wanted to get some information on following things for whom this issue is happening, which may help understanding the issue:

1. Free space on the disk partition where your page file is residing. [16-17GB in my case, so want to confirm if this affects the export performance somehow]
    2. The memory configs [8GB DDR3]
    Julia Kot

Hi Darshan,

Thanks for providing us with this info!

I'll pass this info to our devs to investigate. 

Thanks for bearing with us. 

Jeremy Davis

Has there been any progress on this issue? I am having the same problem and it makes the software un-useable. If there is no fix, how about instructions on how to revert back to the previous version before the upgrade.

Julia Kot

Hi Jeremy,

Please send us your PC info to support@skylum.com.

WINDOWS 7/8

Click on "Start", then right-click the Computer shortcut and select Properties, from the Start menu or from most places where you see the Computer shortcut.

Please find some options to make a screenshot on Windows 7 or 8 here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

WINDOWS 10

Right-click on "Start Menu" and click on "System" in the pop-up menu to open "System" window.

After this, you should see a window with basic information about your system. Please take a screenshot of this information and send it to us.

To take the screenshot and save it as a file, press the “Windows logo key + PrtScn.” On some laptops and other devices, you may need to press the “Windows logo key + Ctrl + PrtScn” or “Windows logo key + Fn + PrtScn” keys instead.  The screenshot will appear as a file in a folder entitled “Screenshots”, inside your default “Pictures” folder. 

Jeremy Davis

I just took the screenshot and sent the email.

David Roby

I have written before on these pages and sent information regarding my system to Support (as described above). My problem continues to be the incredibly slow exporting time to return a file edited in Aurora to Lightroom whence it came. I have just established a new record - 122 minutes to export a file adjusted with a single preset. Aurora is, therefore, practically unuseable for me; it is so frustrating.

Julia Kot

Hi David,

I'm sorry for the inconveniences. Our devs are already on it.

They are doing their best to release a major fix for this issue in the upcoming update.

Meanwhile, please try to go to Aurora HDR 2018 and reinstall the plug-in from "Install plug-ins" menu, by clicking "Uninstall" and then "Install" again? Please make sure you launch Aurora HDR 2018 as administrator and then restart Lightroom.

Federico Chieli

Same problem here, Mac OSX HighSierra.

I can only process JPEGS in Aurora HDR 2018. If I try Raw files or TIFFS the program freezes my Mac while attempting to export the final image.

The Mac eventually self reboots.

I contacted tech support and I have been told that my iMac is old and hot fixes are released all the time by Skylum. Basically my installation won't work until Skylum makes it compatible for may older iMac. (I7 multicore, still really fast, but from 2011)

Federico

Please sign in to leave a comment.