Community Forum Moderation

Comments

9 comments

Bruce Bovill

I imagine they are testing the water at present and will free things up ultimately.
    It may be they don’t have the person to constantly monitor the community, and posts are just bulk verified at intervals.
    However, I do agree that approval of every one is tedious, and multiple replies can become shuffled, therefore losing their sense.

Comment actions Permalink
    Michael Anderson

I doubt anything anything said here would be worse than the comments that have been made on the Facebook Support page for the world to see.   That is were moderation was needed, not here out of full public view. 

Angela Andrieux

Hi Margarita - We are still working out the wrinkles in the new forum and appreciate the feedback!

Margarita Ney

Thanks, Angela.

Phil Hurd

Its a pain to have posts moderated but some of the stuff on the Facebook group is just plain wrong and I would not be happy if this forum went that way.

Bruce Bovill

I agree, Phil.

It's difficult to decide whether someone is a troll or simply someone unacquainted with civilised forum etiquette, but either way such people need to be policed. 

As a retired forum moderator at a completely different site, I prefer policing to be done AFTER posting, since that also demonstrates to the other users how things are. However, that requires a relatively constant presence by a small team of mods, and that may be beyond the resources of the company at present.

Meantime, the usual advice is "don't feed the troll".

Colin Grant

Whilst I agree with what has been said I have not felt the time lag between posting and approval to be overly long. Getting the thread out of order should not be a problem if everything is dealt with in order or maybe the forum software will by default sort based on the time stamp of the original post.

Are the posting levels on here equivalent to the FB Ground does anyone know? It looks lighter but that might be because the forum is sensibly split into focus areas.

Fernando Ariznavarreta

In my opinion, moderating each message is not useful nor adequate.

If you have a blog with a few visits, you can moderate the comments, in a forum like this, as it gets bigger it is impossible to moderate the messages, and gets annoying to have your comment moderated for several days.

You have to count with the help of the community to identify people with bad behavior and expel them from the forum.

Bruce Bovill

I totally agree with Fernando. Just drop the approving of posts. Cut anyone who departs from guidelines - perhaps one warning, but that's all. It's a pain to see such slow process of threads in this community, while irrelevant posts are made on the FB group with immediate effect.

Please sign in to leave a comment.