Feature for the Community site, not the software

Comments

6 comments

Konstantin Zolo

Hi Bruce, you can always follow topics you're interested in. There's also a recent activity section at the bottom of the page.

Comment actions Permalink
    Bruce Bovill

Hi Konstantin, thanks for your reply.

What you say is helpful, but just two points (these may seem frivolous):

1. I need to scroll the Community page to reach the recent activity, then, if there is a lot, I need to select more and scroll further, and the activity list is mixed between areas. A means of seeing at once where the activity has been, and how much, would be a more succinct way of doing it.

2. I appreciate I can follow topics, but I have to identify and restrict myself to a topic, to do that. 

Perhaps a simple line within each area giving the time of the last posting there might do. That would also work best when accessing the community from a phone.

Just my thoughts.

Maybe I'm just lazy... ;-)

John West

Me to

Colin Grant

I have posted elsewhere about read/unread thread functionality which is different to recent activity or following. But regards to "recent activity", what is the timeline associated withy this (last day, 2 days etc)?

Thanks

Colin

Colin Grant

Not sure what happened to my post re read/unread, but is it possible to add the ability to filter by read and unread so that it is possible to see only those threads that carry an unread status? The ability to mark all as read/unread would also be useful.

Thanks

Colin

Doug Chamberlin

Has Skylum written their own community forum software? The features described in this thread suggest the community forum is far behind the state of the art.

I, myself, expected any response to a post I have made to be automatically "followed" so I would receive an email telling me someone had responded to my post. Didn't happen, and I cannot find a way to turn that on. This functionality has been commonplace in forums for years!

I suggest Skylum throw out their community forum platform and adopt Discourse. It is designed to be rather easily integrated into an existing web site. Has LOTS of configurable functionality. Is a leader in forum platforms.

Please sign in to leave a comment.