Community Guidelines

Pinned Featured

Comments

49 comments

alessandro Castagnini

Hi there.

I'm a longtime user, but I reach this forum only today.

I'm italian, working offshore in Qatar (just here now :( ) and I own a photo/video studio back home.

I'll see you around :)

Alessandro.

Comment actions Permalink
    Phil Miska

Hello from the central San Joaquin Valley in California, USA. I like trying out the free filters on the standard free camera apps so I could pass up a free offer to download Skylum. Looking forward to everyone’s tips & tricks😊

Angela Andrieux

Hi Phil - Welcome!! We're glad you're here. Let us know if you have any questions about Skylum apps!

Melvin Burris

Hello, I am Melvin Burris and I live in central Arkansas.I have been involved in photography for about 15 years. I shoot primarily with a Fuji camera. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Helga Rowles

Hi Melvin, we're happy to have you on board!

Allen Adler

Hi. I'm Allen Adler. I live in Northern California and have been using Photoshop since version 1, and Luminar since it was a MacFun product. I have really liked Luminar 3 and have used it as a plugin to Photoshop, but still like Photoshop to add finishing touches before saving them as final.

Kate Williams

Hi Allen, glad you've joined us! Thank you for staying with us for so long. 

Michal Ashkenasi

Hi ,I'm Michal  Ashkenasi .I'm an artist , Painter and Photographer,I work with  different editing software and used till now Luminar 3 too .I liked this because it is an easy and friendly program but missed there the possibility to change the size of the image . But for all other sides of editing it is perfect .I work with the small Sony a 6000 , and am eager to begin to work with Luminar 4 .

Anna V

Hi Michael! Welcome to our community family :)

laura Gonzalvez

Hola soy Laura y llevo ya unos años en la fotografia, oi hablar de Luminar y me a gustado mucho 

muchas gracias 

Jim Bollman

Jim here in NE TN. Long time digital imaging person, I go back before most people knew you could manipulate images in a computer, I'm talking pre PCs and Macs. Luminar 3 was interesting and I did use it but still went back to PhotoShop a lot. I have not started up PhotoShop since  Luminar 4 was released. Still a few things missing but I can work around most of them with out PhotoShop. I do fire up GraphicsConverter once in awhile when I can't come up with a work around.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jim - Welcome to the forum!! We're glad to hear that Luminar 4 is working out well for you. :)

Quentin Montfort

Bonjour,

Mon nom est Quentin. Je vis en Belgique. J'ai toujours aimé la photo, mais j'ai toujours été très déçu par les logiciels photos (j'ai déjà utilisé des noms très connus): souvent trop lourd, difficile à prendre en main et dans la plupart des cas décevant.

J'ai découvert Luminar 3 et j'ai sans doute enfin trouvé le logiciel qui me convient: complet, sans être rébarbatif, ce logiciel m'a convaincu. Plus qu'à passer à Luminar 4.

Avec l'arrivée de l'été, je vais ressortir mon Nikon D5100 pour m'amuser. Ce boitier n'est pas le plus performant, ni le plus récent, mais il me convient parfaitement :)

Kate Williams

Hi Quentin,

Thanks for joining our community forum and choosing Luminar! 

Hope that this summer will bring you lots of nice pictures! :)

• Hello folks. I am Albert Bissember from Toronto,Canada. I am an amateur photographer with international experience in photography. My photo gear are all Nikon high end cameras and lenses.This is not say I have not used different cameras in the past.  I shoot mainly landscape, macro and street images. I have Luninar V4 on My WIN 7 Pro and Mac. They are operating very well and it's a treat to be able to use the AI function to quickly check out my images and do some comparison to Light room, Corel 2020 and others. In summary, Luninar provides me with all the adjustments I need in comparison with my other editors. As it improves I will be uninstalling my other editors and sticking with Luninar. My only current beef is no lens database at this time.. Keep on shooting folks.

Elena Blum

Hello Albert Bissember ,

Welcome!! We're glad you like Luminar :-)

David Thompson

Hello, Luminar-ity. I started as an amateur photographer of all things people, animal, plant, and planet back in the 70's, primarily in B&W. Mixed my own chemicals, did my own film and paper testing to facilitate zoning (a la maestro Adams, et. al.).

In recent decades, I've used Corel Draw (way back as a beta tester), Adobe products (now all removed and cancelled), and am now a Luminar 4 (and all available tools and toys) student. I love the product and its premise. I do use another package that replaces a few features Luminar doesn't yet provide (or I haven't figured out how to do what I want) but Luminar is my new found go-to software.

Also, I've written software (mainly corporate and medical device related) for over 40 years as well as performed IT Admin duties and customer support. Now, I want to revisit photography with the AI inclusions that are becoming prevalent. Luminar seems to be doing an excellent job in that department.

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

Helena Carter

Hi David Thompson, welcome onboard! We're excited to see such experienced artists in our Community. 

David Crooks

Wow, I guess folks left here and went to the Insiders site? I am a photographer in the Washington, DC area.  

Please sign in to leave a comment.