Community Guidelines

Pinned Featured

Comments

19 comments

Margarita Ney

Hi all and thanks for creating this forum. I'm a hobbyist - wannabe photographer from Australia.  I think editing photographs is very enjoyable and prefer the realistic look.

Jeffrey Raines

Hello and greetings to all from Israel. I'm a pensioner and photography is a hobby that keeps me busy. I use Luminar to make my photos look better. I often have to deal with the very strong sunlight and cloudless skies that we have in this part of the world. This weather is great for the camera but often gives photos an "overcooked" look.Whilst I am no artist myself, I enjoy seeing the creations of others who work in that type of genre. 

Robert Simoneau

Hello from Rhode Island, USA. I am a hobbyist photographer using Luminar 2018 and Aurora HDR 2018 to improve my photos. I have both programs running on both a Macbook Pro and a Windows 10 PC.

Phil Hurd

Hello, I'm from the UK and I like to shoot urban landscapes. I use a Sony A6000 (small and perfectly formed) usually with fast prime lenses. I think editing images is a complete pain and I'd rather be outside taking photographs, which is why I like Luminar. Its simple, useable and yet powerful. I prefer B&W images to colour. All my processing is on a MAC using Lightroom as a catalogue (Been waiting for the Luminar DAM for over a year now!) and Luminar/Aurora for all my RAW processing. 

LARRY FITZPATRICK

Hello, I live in Hudson Valley. Love taking landscape and outdoor pictures. I have been using Luminar 2018 as a stand-a-lone on my Windows 10 system. I like to experiment with the camera and software features. Will push my system and software as as far as I can.  I am hoping to see more on Tricks and Tips that are out of the normal box.

loz phil

Hello à tous, je suis de France, j'utilise Luminar et Aurora depuis le début, je suis sur Mac Book Pro 17 pouces sur Sierra, mon matériel photo Nikon D3s -24-70 mm Nikon et 70-200 mm Nikon, pour l'archivage des mes clichés j'utilise LR 6, j'attends avec impatience l'archivage dans Luminar.

Cordialement.

Jorge Ramirez

Hi, my name is Jorge Ramírez and I´m from Venezuela. I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I´m a Nikon and Mac user.

I love taking landscape and travel pictures. I´ve been using Aurora and Luminar since last year, both softwares help me a lot to improve my shots.

Regards

Robert Blakeslee

Saying hello to all from upstate NY. Hobbyist and like landscapes. Do a lot of Civil War Battlefield photography.

Michael Cowl

Saying hello from the Gateway City & thank goodness for an editing software that makes post production "fun"!

Using Nikon & Mac to get back into taking photos after a few years away.

Les Cornwell

Hi everyone, I'm a British expat who has lived in the North of Belgium (Dutch speaking part) for almost 60 years now. I'm meanwhile 68 and hence a pensioner. A chemist through training, after a short time in the lab, I worked as a Dutch-English technical translator & editor for many years, before transferring to clinical research (Biostatistics & Medical Writing) in the last 10-15 years of my professional life, where I was involved in compiling digital dossiers for new drug approvals.

I'm quite a keen photographer (Canon 7D), but in fact more interested in postprocessing (software) than in actual shooting, which is nowadays rather limited to portraits of my five grandchildren, and seascapes in the summertime. I have been using Macintosh for over 30 years now, and in the past was a Mac teacher in my spare time. I'm always ready and willing to try out new software! ;)

I'm a moderator on a Belgian (Dutch speaking) digital photography forum, where I'm in charge of the monthly photography Challenge.

Zubair Ahmed

Hi all, I am from UK and a hobbyist photographer with a passion for landscapes. I am hoping to learn more from here and share experiences

Euripides Argyropoulos

Greetings from Greece! 

Just another hobbyist photographer who likes shooting landscapes, night sky and portraits. I hope to find out in Luminar all the fun of post-processing.

Henny Jesterhoudt

Hello, I am Henny and a hobbyist. I live in the Netherlands, in the region West Friesland, am a woman of almost 80.

I am trying to understand Luminar and later Affinity photo. Maybe when I know more of it, I can skip my Adobe subscription, to save money. I hope and try to learn a lot from the tutorials.

Angela Andrieux

Welcome, Henry! We're glad you're here. Please let us know if you have any questions about Luminar. We're happy to help!

Paolo Borgarelli

Hi, I am a newbie. I am from Italy and I want to live the world of -Luminar

Wai Hou Tham

Hello I am Wai from Malaysia. I am using Luminar and Aurora HDR from Skylum.

May I know the highest Resolution Luminar can export? I keep seeing 240dpi so far, and I need a 300dpi export. Thanks.

Maryna Skylum

Hi Wai,

There is no such a limit, it depends on your image. You can set 300 ppi manually.

Wai Hou Tham

Thanks. Could you please show me the link so that I can export 300dpi from the RAW file?

Maryna Skylum

You can choose this option before exporting the image. Please, note that this option is available only if you export in the TIFF format.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us at support@skylum.com

Please sign in to leave a comment.